Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    ........ Between the Bulldogs of Union College in Kentucky and your Xavier Musketeers!

MOR speaks...people listen.
    We lost to F-ing Thomas More!!!! :-(
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yep, let’s point out that the job is far from done. This is a mid-semester report card, but, that said...I can tell you that 40 years ago, none of us “Seasoned” guys ever imagined that Xavier would host a game ON CAMPUS between 2 #1 projected seeds or this league. #DreamComeTrue

This "Seasoned" guy certainly didn't image it back in the '70's

I told everybody in class today they could jump on the bandwagon, and some people I didn't know that watch college basketball were like "Man, you guys are really tough this year, have a great program, and always seem to do well." Our branding and national recognition is getting better and better each year, and that makes me happy.

Freshman
    Speaking of Schmidt Fieldhouse. The Schmidt hosted an NBA Playoff Game tween the Cincy Royals & Smokin Red Auerbach's Celtics in 63 or 64 or 65. I can look up. This was Eastern Conference Finals and Royals were up 2 games to 1. Cinti Gardens was unavailable due to the Circus & U C Armory Fieldhouse also had something going on. Royals Mgmt was furious at the Gardens, who stated they didn't expect us to get that far in the Playoffs. The Royals lost that game & that was one of many things that caused us to lose our franchise. That had to be the biggest game ever there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Poor event management isn't exclusively limited to the Royals/Kings as it relates to playoff conflicts.

There was one year (1984, I think) where the Mavericks had to play a deciding game of a playoff series at SMU's Moody Coliseum because Reunion Arena was booked. The most recent conflict came earlier this decade when the Lakers and the Nuggets played in the Western Conference finals. WWE Raw had a show scheduled in Denver the same day the Nuggets were supposed to play at home. Only this time, it was WWE who had to reschedule and ended up actually refunding tickets in Denver and doing Raw at the Staples Center in LA that same night.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I told everybody in class today they could jump on the bandwagon, and some people I didn't know that watch college basketball were like "Man, you guys are really tough this year, have a great program, and always seem to do well." Our branding and national recognition is getting better and better each year, and that makes me happy.
    I bet it’s helped so much.....I’d have trouble getting accepted today! I got in on a phone call, my mother called and said his sister is there, the checks always cleared....and he’s the smart one! (I’m pretty sure my sister never comes here?) I had good grades and SAT’s, but never tried too hard. An 85 on a test was my minimum goal, anything above a 90 was considered time wasted.

On a related note, my FSU son says his 3.85 GPA wouldn’t get him in today. He got his double major and a masters, and I’ll leave that to today’s folks to manage.

The point is, it REALLY DOES MATTER to a school to have that brand and reputation.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    See Dan Cronin's Twitter feed if you want to get fired up. He and Broering got into it over Twitter over the weekend. Both didn't hold anything back. If you thought lil Micky had thin skin, wait until you read his tweets.
    Saw this. Hilarious.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Can you post a link? Thanks
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Can you post a link? Thanks
    https://twitter.com/RickBroering/sta...74279878594562

This is all you need to see.

Yikes
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.