Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    Next Saturday is only Big if we take care of Seton Hall first.
    Spot on. One game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Spot on. One game at a time.
    AMEN! Four minutes at a time!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Conference tourney but epic win!
    Yes. It was at UD not the Gardens

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    With our last three games being either OT or winning with .03 on the clock, I am very much interested in Seton Hall and nothing else at this point. We need to take care of business, and Seton Hall is desperate for a win. They are .500 in league and don't want to fall to a losing league record. It will put them on the bubble.
    This is exactly right. I'm not worried about the Seniors on this team because they get it. I'm just hoping that the Seeding Show yesterday doesn't put any extra pressure on guys like Naji, Paul or Q to live up to the ranking. Focus on the job at hand, each four minute war, all game Wednesday. Saturday comes soon enough. I hated that Seton Hall lost on Saturday. They are coming in loaded for bear, desperate and they are tough minded New York area kids.
    Strap it up, kids. Gonna be a battle.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Report from NJ and the SHU game. Totally agree that focus must be on Seton Hall. They are a wounded animal at this point. So much hype leading into this season. This team can go one of 2 ways at this point. Fan base has been grumbling for weeks about the coach (what fan base doesn't after 3 losses). Following the Gtown loss, Angel called a players only meeting. Lets see how they respond. There is word back here that Angel is nursing a knee issue and he hasn't been himself the last few games. We know that Desi always comes to play against X and Powell has shot the ball well all season for the Pirates but they never get him enough shots. Carrington is the guy we need to take out of the game. He has played out of position on the point all year. With the heavy minutes being played, it has effected his shooting. Lets hope we run them up and down the court all night. SHU is getting less than 10 points a night from their bench on most nights. Was at the Pru Center for the first game and SHU just runs out of gas in the last 4-5 minutes of each half. We all pointed to this week when the schedule was first released.

I agree with everybody that Seton Hall will be a battle and is a very loseable game.

That being said, win or lose on Wednesday, the Villanova game will undoubtedly be Xs biggest regular season game ever. A couple of top 5 teams. Playing for a #1 seed (perhaps overall #1). And most importantly, with a win Saturday X will control their own destiny for a Big East Championship with only three games remaining - all of which X will be significantly favored. (A loss to SHU would just mean that we control our own destiny for a share of the title).

Freshman
    Focusing on Seton Hall only. 10 battles x 4 minutes each to be won. Savor this game Wed nite my Xu friends. We are building a nice winning streak the only way possible - 1 game at a time.

11. Thou shalt not look past the next opponent.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    Next Saturday is only Big if we take care of Seton Hall first.
    While X does not have the clout of the top 2 seeds I dont really agree. The committee struggled to get a 4th one seed. I think X has a leg up and a loss on Wednesday wouldnt hurt that much if they won Saturday. That makes Saturday game epic. I think the top 3 are kinda set unless something huge happens.

That being said the biggest game in school history had to be... opening Cintas. That game ended the mid major title and signified the rise to where we are now
    Last edited by stammina0721; 02-13-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    While X does not have the clout of the top 2 seeds I dont really agree. The committee struggled to get a 4th one seed. I think X has a leg up and a loss on Wednesday wouldnt hurt that much. I think the top 3 are kinda set unless something huge happens.
    Spoken like there isn't potential for Kansas/TT run through the Big 12 tournament, MSU/Purdue through the Big 10 tournament, and Duke through the ACC tournament. Lot of basketball to be played. I'd be shocked if X got a 1 seed without beating Nova at least once (unless Nova doesn't make the BE finals).