Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Does anyone know where the teams from Nashville would be the next weekend? How does this work? I’m praying for X in Nashville then heading to Atlanta. Is that even possible? I’m hoping to get at least ONE weekend with them, but being the greedy bastard that I am, I’m hoping for both!

Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Does anyone know where the teams from Nashville would be the next weekend?
    They could be at any of the four sites the following weekend. The first and second round sites don't feed into specific regions anymore. So the two pods in Nashville could send one team to Atlanta and one team to Omaha. Or two to Omaha. Or one East and one West.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Does anyone know where the teams from Nashville would be the next weekend? How does this work? I’m praying for X in Nashville then heading to Atlanta. Is that even possible? I’m hoping to get at least ONE weekend with them, but being the greedy bastard that I am, I’m hoping for both!

Anyone know?
    For them to end up in Atlanta, They have to be a higher #1 seed than Virginia or lose a couple games and be the 2/3 seed in that region.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Thumbs up Extreme? No such thing!

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I matriculated during the Krajack/Campbell era, I've suffered enough. Live and die with X, period.
    Schmidt was unbelievable. And "extreme" was not only normal, but taken for granted. I was there when we won or lost. We never missed a game.

2023 Sweet 16

*Cues scene to Slumdog Millionaire opening credits... D. It was written...*

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Any chance we get some first place votes tomorrow?

Michigan State didn't get much respect from the committee for a team that is poised to be the new #1 in the nation. Will that make voters reconsider MSU?

What is going to happen tomorrow?

I love seeing Xavier as a 1 seed, even if it isn't real.

We really need to bring it strong and beat a very good Seton Hall team on Wednesday.
    Our rpi is #2, Michigan State is #14. I would think that gives us a shot at the coveted #1 team in the country.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    They could be at any of the four sites the following weekend. The first and second round sites don't feed into specific regions anymore. So the two pods in Nashville could send one team to Atlanta and one team to Omaha. Or two to Omaha. Or one East and one West.
    Do we know which 1st/2nd round site X is likely to get? I know as a protected seed we'd get to play closest to home but it seems this year there are 3 sites all pretty equal in distance. Detroit is about 258 miles, Nashville 277 miles, and Pittsburgh 285 miles. Anyone have any idea which of those three would be most likely??
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Omaha is 10.5 hours by car. I want to be a 1 seed, but I wouldn't be able to make it to the game. Plus Omaha is a Sunday game, where the Atlanta regional is on Saturday and 4 hours closer.

Atlanta would be easy to win Thursday night, drive down Friday Night, game on Saturday, drive home Sunday. Omaha is impossible for that.

I want to find a way to be in the South, but I want a #1 seed for the first time too. I doubt both of those can be accommodated.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Number 1 seed, play in Nashville, advance to Atlanta, then win out. There! It’s decided!!!

Was that so hard?