Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virginia

Take care of Seton Hall and Nova and there will be no keeping us from Number 1.

Are we somewhere in the thread where someone writes “I want no part of Virginia” yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    Are we somewhere in the thread where someone writes “I want no part of Virginia” yet?
    I would love to play Virginia. Xavier has the weapons and versatility on offense to shred the Virginia defense just like we did to the vaunted UC defense. We will have to make some 3's though. Xavier's offense can match up with anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I would love to play Virginia. Xavier has the weapons and versatility on offense to shred the Virginia defense just like we did to the vaunted UC defense. We will have to make some 3's though. Xavier's offense can match up with anybody.
    Agreed, we have too much firepower, with a lot of depth to boot. They'd try to completely slow us down, and it would probably bode better for our defensive woes if we played a team not as high tempo as us. I think we'd beat Virginia personally.

If you make your shots against Virginia you can beat them. The key is making you shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    If you make your shots against Virginia you can beat them. The key is making you shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait, you are saying you need to make shots to win basketball games? That is revolutionary right there

All joking aside, this Virginia team does have an insane defense, which makes it pretty hard to make those shots. Like... the best defense in the Kenpom era (since 2002). Despite the loss, UVA is still a very dangerous team.

What was interesting in watching the Virginia loss to VT, is that they twice (at end of regulation and OT) had the ball with 5.? seconds left and only got off two very long 3-PT shots, maybe 30 feet, while XU & Q was able to get the contested shot next to the basket. Much better strategy and execution by Xavier!

deepX

Freshman
    My take on Virginia. They were undefeated in ACC play until the Va Tech game. That is why they are still #1 to me in USA. None of the 6 power conferences (BE included) has a leader with only 1 loss. The AAC is showing as 7th best conference & since UC still has no losses there - that is why they get ranked so high. BE leaders with 2 losses. SEC with 3. PAC 12 with 3. Big 12 with 3. I still think we would matchup well with VA. Meanwhile, VA would take out UC as both great DEF , but VA better.

what would the score be if UC played UVA.. 35-32? gross.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    what would the score be if UC played UVA.. 35-32? gross.
    Only if the game went 3 over times.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack