Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nova lands a 5 star recruit...(and other Xavier recruiting talk)

Not a huge surprise for Nova to do so but they are killing it with 3 top 100 recruits for next year. Some other BE schools are too.

Does anyone know of other prospects the X staff may still be targeting for next year (including transfers)?

We certainly have a talented core of players returning and the current commits coming in appear to have talent. Just a bit surprised we have no commits in anyone's top 100 (like we typically do).

I would think that the biggest concern is that Tyrique seems to be the only true big returning and he ilhas a tendency to get banged up a bit during the season. If he goes down for several games next season, then who is going to step in and be productive at the 5. The 7 foot commit (Walter) is said to still need some more time to develop and the Dartmouth transfer coming in is listed at 6'8 (a bit smaller than O'Mara and Kanter).

I would think Mack and staff would be working on at least one more big for next year who could play minutes right away. If there are no more commits for next year, might we see Gates or Boudreaux (Dartmouth transfer) playing the 5 at times?
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-14-2018 at 10:47 AM.

X was in on a JC center that was ranked the top JC player in the country, but he ended up committing to TCU. A big reason for that was that there are other players from his country there. X has offers out to a couple of forwards, one a top 20 JC player and the other a 2018 from California that is rated a 4 Star by 24/7...both seem to be “warm” toward X. They also have an offer out to a 7 footer from (currently) Middletown, Oh HS. I saw him against Princeton HS and came away very UNimpressed. Slow, heavy, not quick, and didn’t play real hard in that game.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 02-14-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Can someone post a Walter update. How's he looking for tournement time? I keep hearing he is going to be a project and not much expected from him next year but what is the basis for this thinking?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Can someone post a Walter update. How's he looking for tournement time? I keep hearing he is going to be a project and not much expected from him next year but what is the basis for this thinking?
    Walker is not a finished low post player by any means. But his team doesn’t rely on him for scoring either. They have one of the top contenders for KY player of the year also on the team and that players averages 22-23 points a game. By all accounts, Walker has improved tremendously over the last couple of years, gaining skills and improving his fitness and quickness, but I don’t think that we should expect too much right away. The good news is that with him being a local recruit, he should have ample opportunities to work with the Xavier coaches and players over the spring and summer before next year’s season starts. The kid definitely has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Walker is not a finished low post player by any means. But his team doesn’t rely on him for scoring either. They have one of the top contenders for KY player of the year also on the team and that players averages 22-23 points a game. By all accounts, Walker has improved tremendously over the last couple of years, gaining skills and improving his fitness and quickness, but I don’t think that we should expect too much right away. The good news is that with him being a local recruit, he should have ample opportunities to work with the Xavier coaches and players over the spring and summer before next year’s season starts. The kid definitely has potential.
    Who's Walker?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Is this 5 Star player for Villanova the one that was going to Arizona before the scandal hit and he might have been implicated?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Is this 5 Star player for Villanova the one that was going to Arizona before the scandal hit and he might have been implicated?
    yep

Yes Quinnerly, so I would guess that he would probably sit a year before playing. That seems to be the norm as none of the players in this class has seen the court yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    From what I've read, that's not necessarily true. He may play and contribute some next year.

Join 247 if you want to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    X was in on a JC center that was ranked the top JC player in the country, but he ended up committing to TCU. A big reason for that was that there are other players from his country there. X has offers out to a couple of forwards, one a top 20 JC player and the other a 2018 from California that is rated a 4 Star by 24/7...both seem to be “warm” toward X. They also have an offer out to a 7 footer from (currently) Middletown, Oh HS. I saw him against Princeton HS and came away very UNimpressed. Slow, heavy, not quick, and didn’t play real hard in that game.
    Thank you for the info! Good to hear.

Do you have the names of the top 20 JuCo and the one from California?