Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAPO on JP

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

WAPO on JP

Great article on JP from the Washington Post. It was referenced in a Creighton article that warned the Creighton faithful not to heckle JP. We'll see. Here is the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.4fddd59eb8a3.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Great stuff. I love that kid.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Great article on JP from the Washington Post. It was referenced in a Creighton article that warned the Creighton faithful not to heckle JP. We'll see. Here is the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.4fddd59eb8a3.
    Read the article. Says JP has the nickname of "Dennis the Menace". Never heard that before. Sounds made up by the writer. Anybody else heard that?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Always warms my heart to read any article that resets Mick Cronin's postgame comments from the Shootout.

Best line in the article: Word got around that Macura had told one of the players, “Dude, I’ll score more points than your ACT score.” Classic JP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

He is a beauty. If he's on your team, you love him. If he's not, you cant stand him. No middle ground with JP. I think he relishes that.

I only read the title of the article and I kinda want to throw up. Grayson Allen is an entitled, cry baby, tripping POS, whereas JP is a feisty, chippy, trashtalking gamer (and sometimes flopper). Everything JP does is in the spirit of competition. Allen seems like the kind of kid that gets down 10-9 in a game to 11 and decides to take his ball home, but still brags how he's undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Great stuff. I love that kid.
    +1
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Best line in the article: Word got around that Macura had told one of the players, “Dude, I’ll score more points than your ACT score.” Classic JP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I recall, that was a JP kine from his AAU days. He was snubbed by the elite teams, took his joy in beating them up and down the courts.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlbert View Post
    I only read the title of the article and I kinda want to throw up. Grayson Allen is an entitled, cry baby, tripping POS, whereas JP is a feisty, chippy, trashtalking gamer (and sometimes flopper). Everything JP does is in the spirit of competition. Allen seems like the kind of kid that gets down 10-9 in a game to 11 and decides to take his ball home, but still brags how he's undefeated.
    No argument on your characterization of Allen from me. But if you read the article, you will see that the writer is not equating JP with Allen other than by the obvious fact that opposing fan bases hate both players.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)