Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I'm confident in this game. This is a carbon copy of the Butler game. As long as they don't do something like hit over 15 threes then X should win. Creighton has no legit inside game and our advantage down low should carry the day just like it did on Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Cooley XU'81 View Post
    A win means a few first-place votes, sez "Mel."

That would be pretty cool.
    Parentheses that have numbers instead of letters!? (OH)
    Whoa.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlbert View Post
    I think it was during the GTown game that the courtside reporter said that Mack was preaching to the team that if Nova were to slip up, they'd control their own destiny. Now that Nova has, I expect the team to come out fired up tomorrow.
    Thinking exactly like I am. In order to be/stay ranked in Top 5 & ascend to #1 you have to win games like this. Nova at full strength would win this game.
    This is truly an in season statement game. Only Virginia seems in our way to a #1 ranking. Doubtful that the BE (or any league) gets two #1 seeds come tourney time. The road to the BE Title is in our players/coaches control. That title would be HUGE & the BE Winner likely to be a #1 seed.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    I was actually thinking that Butler was more difficult than Creighton given our big advantage inside and the injury to Krampelj. It will be a tough game as they have among the best home crowds anywhere in the country but I am very optimistic. This team is just very mentally tough.
    This game will be more difficult given that it will be played at a lot faster tempo than what Butler played. Butler shot well, but they were much more deliberate in terms of running the shot clock down.

By the same token, it would also behoove our bigs to not get in early foul trouble. If Xavier can neutralize guys like Khyri Thomas and Davion Mintz again, I really like their chances to get roadkill.

Freshman
    If Butler beats Nova today & we win too, we then have a full game lead in the loss column.
    This is a great day for BE Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    “Couldn’t care less” is one of those phrases often misused. Do you care more about the Nova game? Sure, I get that. Top team, hold serve at home. Do you have zero interest in who wins the Creighton game? THAT also affects seeding. I care from week #1. (Sorry, pet peeve of mine.)
    At least he didn’t say “could care less”, a pet peeve of mine. Saying that clearly shows you do have some degree of care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    I also thought Butler would be the tougher game for us. Still, with how we've played at home, we could lose any one of the next three games. They are gonna be absolute battles. But, I like what we're bringing to those battles, and am very much looking forward to watching them. I much prefer that than slicing through cupcakes in the AAC. This league is a treat.

Vegas has the #5 team as the Underdog. Like it.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Vegas has the #5 team as the Underdog. Like it.
    Just like Butler. We got them right where we want them.

Looks like the line has moved from -1.5 to -2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.