Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 214
  1. #201
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Creighton fans took a hard pivot from "well, he did touch his arm", to "no matter the contact, you can't make that call in that situation". truly remarkable
    We need to be nice to the Jays fans, they had a chance to buy up most of the NCAA tickets as part of their season ticket package and scarfed them all up.
    This space for rent.

  2. #202
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    16,922
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    We need to be nice to the Jays fans, they had a chance to buy up most of the NCAA tickets as part of their season ticket package and scarfed them all up.
    I have absolutely NO problem with Creighton fans. Been there. Was treated well and sat next to some at the Big East Tourney last year. Had some damn good discussions. These folks and Greg McDermott are a credit to college basketball and our league.
    It is SWEET....To be ELITE

  3. #203
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    11,060
    Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Haven't scrolled through the entire thread, but saw Len Elmore came up in the conversation. How about him saying Xavier should get the ball to half court and call another timeout to set up a play at the end of the game? Xavier had 0 timeouts left.

    I was talking to my dad about it -- it's really to the point with a lot of these announcers that they're just background noise. There are SO many instances where they're informed or not looking at the right stuff. I was watching a game the other night on ESPN2 with a couple no name guys and the refs were clearly reviewing an out of bounds call and they kept blabbering about the clock being right and the refs wasting time on reviews, blah blah blah. Then the refs overturned the call and changed the possession - and neither announcer even knew they were looking at that.

    Need Gus and Raf for every game plz.
    Right there with you. Seems every game there are announcers who literally have no idea what is happening during reviews or foul call vs out of bounds or something similar. Or dumb comments like the timeout one by Elmore. He said get to half court and call another timeout. 1. X didnt have a timeout. 2. They didnt call the timeout that had just been called. They used their last one after the first of 3 FTs and McDermott called one after all three were made.

    Speaking of, bet McDermott wished he hadnt called a timeout after the FTs.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  4. #204
    Supporting Member mid major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    hamilton, ohio
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Right there with you. Seems every game there are announcers who literally have no idea what is happening during reviews or foul call vs out of bounds or something similar. Or dumb comments like the timeout one by Elmore. He said get to half court and call another timeout. 1. X didnt have a timeout. 2. They didnt call the timeout that had just been called. They used their last one after the first of 3 FTs and McDermott called one after all three were made.

    Speaking of, bet McDermott wished he hadnt called a timeout after the FTs.
    Didn't think about this. You are absolutely correct. McDermott basically gave Xavier another time out and time to plan for Q's last play.

  5. #205
    Administrator Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,697

    Xavier @ Creighton Game Thread (February 10, 2018)

    Didnít Creighton call back to back timeouts at the end ? Or am I thinking of a different sequence?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant Ö isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

    Follow XH on Twitter

    Follow XH on Facebook

  6. #206
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    Didn't think about this. You are absolutely correct. McDermott basically gave Xavier another time out and time to plan for Q's last play.
    I’m fairly certain Mack had the play already called after the first FT timeout. Creighton had their bigs in rebounding and needed them back to defend the hoop. Both teams knew what the play was going to be. I thought Creighton did a decent job defending it until it got to the paint.

  7. #207
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Didn’t Creighton call back to back timeouts at the end ? Or am I thinking of a different sequence?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That’s what I thought too... however the box score says there were two timeouts after the last made free throw. First by creighton, second by X. Then Creighton TO after Q made his FTS

  8. #208
    Sophomore xuwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    This. Absolutely 0 worries about Harden being in the rotation. Look around the league - there are plenty of heralded freshmen who are out of rotations simply because they're behind older guys. Ashton Langford, Jermaine Samuels, etc.
    They are usually redshirted if the team values them that way. This is basically a wasted year for Harden.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    They are usually redshirted if the team values them that way. This is basically a wasted year for Harden.
    We needed Harden to get some minutes this year since he'll be playing a pretty major role next year. Also if any of our current guards/wings got hurt he'd be the one seeing increased minutes. Couldn't afford to red shirt him this year with how thin we'll be next season.

  10. #210
    He is getting the minutes he is earning. It is tough to play when you two seniors, a sophomore, and two freshmen who are a year older than you all in front of you for minutes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •