Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Samari Curtis

Honestly, I could see him moving up to a top 150 prospect easily. He has a nice outside shot, good vision/passing ability, he's a good finisher and appears to be quite athletic. Also, I'm sure having a large X" at center court in college (like he now has in HS) will help him feel a little bit more at home too.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6876008/Samari-Curtis

Junior
    Good choice Samari - hope to see you on campus torching the nets!
    zip em up

With missing out on the other recruits and now we are battling with the likes of Akron and Toledo? I guess I expect to be getting only 4/5 star players but X will be fine bc it’s X
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    With missing out on the other recruits and now we are battling with the likes of Akron and Toledo? I guess I expect to be getting only 4/5 star players but X will be fine bc it’s X
    It's easier to identify top 100 kids when they're local. He hasn't had a chance to show out on the AAU circuit this summer. Rankings until about August of kids' Senior years mean very little outside of the top 25 or so, because no one has really seen everyone. Also, pretty sure UC and OSU were in on him.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    It's easier to identify top 100 kids when they're local. He hasn't had a chance to show out on the AAU circuit this summer. Rankings until about August of kids' Senior years mean very little outside of the top 25 or so, because no one has really seen everyone. Also, pretty sure UC and OSU were in on him.
    As well as Arizona...

Sophomore
    Since no one else has said anything, I will.... Anybody see this as a positive sign that CM will be staying? Would a presumably good-to-great recruit commit this far out in advance if he thought the coach might leave?

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Since no one else has said anything, I will.... Anybody see this as a positive sign that CM will be staying? Would a presumably good-to-great recruit commit this far out in advance if he thought the coach might leave?
    I think that's a stretch, considering Mack is an alumni and even if he were flirting with offers of leaving, he wouldn't just stop recruiting the leave the cupboard bare for the next coach to take over. That's a grade A dick move, and Mack attended Xavier, he has Xavier pride regardless if he takes another job or not, I just wouldn't read into him recruiting a 2019 recruit as implications that he's staying

This is a positive recruit. Great handle from what I'm seeing here. Good stop and pop. He plays with some swagger. This kid isn't as highly rated, IMO, because he plays for Xenia. It's not exactly a media hub for hoops hunters. But now that he's committed and has a full year to play between college, my bet is that he'll move up.

It doesn't surprise me that all the local MAC schools are offering a kid like this early. They're smart to do so. We're lucky UC didn't pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Wait, are we still doing this? Why do we think he might leave?

I'm not saying he won't ever leave, but I'm not particularly worried about it now. He has passed on some pretty good openings.
    Eat Donuts!

I like his size, but in this day with social media and such are there any “diamonds in the rough”? I would like to see him explode this summer against top competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk