Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Samari Curtis

New commit? Anyone post this yet?

https://247sports.com/Article/2019-g...vier-114708429

good news, I hope. Good start to the next class.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

It’s hard for me to get excited about someone ranked plus 100. Diamond in the rough perhaps? I feel like X is missing left and right or Mack and co know something that we don’t.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    It’s hard for me to get excited about someone ranked plus 100. Diamond in the rough perhaps? I feel like X is missing left and right or Mack and co know something that we don’t.

Pretty sure they know ALOT that we don’t know! That’s why THEY are the coaches and we aren’t.

Anyway...I welcome ANYONE willing to go out there and represent the school and ANYONE willing to put in the work and make the efforts needed to keep this thing going.

Curtis is a 3/4star currently, apparently the thought is he is about to blow up the AAU circuit this summer, so its good to get this commit before that happens.

I've seen this kid play and this is a really good get for Xavier. He fits the mold of what Chris likes to recruit. He's a long, tall guard that can score but can also defend. On top of that, he is a hard-working kid that will improve a great deal.

I think Chris has earned the benefit of the doubt on his recruiting as far as I'm concerned. I've also learned that the recruiting rankings really mean little.

After the swings and misses last year, it's good to get a solid commitment early on. There's a good chance he ends up in the Top 100 when it's all said and done. Great get by the staff.

I wouldn't read too much into player rankings until the AAU summer before their senior year. Where he is in the rankings in August will be a much better indication.

He can ball and should climb in rankings, not that it matters. He is probably the top SG in Ohio for 2019.

Dropped 50 in a game earlier in the year...

This is a really solid start to the 2019 class.

Sophomore
    Trust in Mack. I do. And some pretty good schools were after him. I like long tall guards.

I trust Mack and staff but this is only a verbal. A lot of things can happen in a year. Sounds like X got in while his stock is still rising.
    Zip'em Up!