Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Samari Curtis

  1. #51
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    2,475
    I don't know a lick about recruiting and rankings and all, so my default is to trust in Mack. His history and success has certainly earned him such.

    But I do understand some of the concern. Yes, one year of sub-standard year on the recruiting trail (perhaps,putting it mildly) is one thing. Sandwiched between two outstanding classes isn't much of a concern at all. That would require an outstanding class this time around.

    We all hope and expect the last recruiting cycle to be a 'one-off' - but it raises the need for the next class to be a very good one. This kid may turn out to be a great player for X, but on the surface (and, yes, rankings and such being what they are) this does not seem to be the 'BIG GET' that will assuage all those recruiting fears.

    There's a LONG way to go, but we can be forgiven for being just a tad anxious.

    We all want this X train, not just to keep-on-rolling along like the little engine that could (I like to think we're past that already), but punch a long line of tickets to Big East titles, Final Fours and National Championships.

    TRUST IN MACK!!!

    What else is there?
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 02-17-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    “I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I'm so steady I don't move for months.” W. C. Fields

  2. #52
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I don't know a lick about recruiting and rankings and all, so my default is to trust in Mack. His history and success has certainly earned him such.

    But I do understand some of the concern. Yes, one year of sub-standard year on the recruiting trail (perhaps,putting it mildly) is one thing. Sandwiched between two outstanding classes isn't much of a concern at all. That would require an outstanding class this time around.

    We all hope and expect the last recruiting cycle to be a 'one-off' - but it raises the need for the next class to be a very good one. This kid may turn out to be a great player for X, but on the surface (and, yes, rankings and such being what they are) this does not seem to be the 'BIG GET' that will assuage all those recruiting fears.

    There's a LONG way to go, but we can be forgiven for being just a tad anxious.

    We all want this X train, not just to keep-on-rolling along like the little engine that could (I like to think we're past that already), but punch a long line of tickets to Big East titles, Final Fours and National Championships.

    TRUST IN MACK!!!

    What else is there?
    How do you know how good the class will be? I think you will be surprised. Some good talent will be at the game today from all over.

  3. #53
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,157
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    How do you know how good the class will be? I think you will be surprised. Some good talent will be at the game today from all over.
    I don't think he was saying the class will be bad, I think he was saying he's hoping for another major class, and to trust Mack's eye for talent. The 2018 class was slightly underwhelming in terms of how we had been recruiting the past couple years, so it's a reasonable concern to make sure that doesn't continue to allow us to grow as a program for the future. At least that's what I got out of it. By all means, reading up on Curtis, I've heard nothing but good things, not to mention a whole extra year to develop before he even gets to campus. I 100% trust Mack and company to evaluate and develop talent, as I've said before, they've proved their track record time and time again, hell look at what they've done with Kanter this season.

    Side note, Samari Curtis will be in attendance for the game today, and let's hope we leave a lasting impression.

  4. #54
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,089
    Who else is attending today? I would imagine several recruits.

  5. #55
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Who else is attending today? I would imagine several recruits.
    Commits: Jake Walter, Samari Curtis, Dontarius James

    Prospects: Harlond Beverly (4*; ranked 65th nationally, PG), Jaylin Williams (4*; ranked 80th nationally, PF), Kyle Sturdivant (4*; ranked 129th nationally, PG), Justin Powell (No rankings, class of 2020, PG), Luke Anderson (3*; ranked 157th nationally, PF)

  6. #56
    Hopefully they like us, we will need help next year. ‘Nova is getting a whole bunch of talent. Well Quinnerly won’t play.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    2,475
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    How do you know how good the class will be? I think you will be surprised. Some good talent will be at the game today from all over.
    I don't know and I certainly hope you are right - and I suspect it will be when all is said and done. Like I said, as others have, all we can do is trust the coaching staff, and I do. But until it is, it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I don't think he was saying the class will be bad, I think he was saying he's hoping for another major class, and to trust Mack's eye for talent. The 2018 class was slightly underwhelming in terms of how we had been recruiting the past couple years, so it's a reasonable concern to make sure that doesn't continue to allow us to grow as a program for the future. At least that's what I got out of it. By all means, reading up on Curtis, I've heard nothing but good things, not to mention a whole extra year to develop before he even gets to campus. I 100% trust Mack and company to evaluate and develop talent, as I've said before, they've proved their track record time and time again, hell look at what they've done with Kanter this season.
    Thank you. You pretty well summed it up.
    “I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I'm so steady I don't move for months.” W. C. Fields

  8. #58
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    7,855
    I hope the atmosphere was enough to influence recruits more than the outcome. UGH!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •