View Poll Results: How Classy Is Butler?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classy

5 9.62%
  • Seriously Classly

4 7.69%
  • In A Class Of Their Own Classy

12 23.08%
  • Lifestyles of the Rich, Famous and Butler Classy

5 9.62%
  • Snipe On A Prom Date Classy

24 46.15%
  • Butler Bulldog Micturating On Xavier Sign Classy

14 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Sweet! Sittin on the porch in Naples savoring the OT victory. A little Moonshine, Red Auerbach victory Cigar & 70 Degrees. Sweet!
    77 here in Carolina, Puerto Rico and the hotel has open bar and for some reason free nachos. Not sure how much cheese is in this machine but tonight I ride with victory cheese and I'll figure out one way or another what sort of capacity its got!!

Are you guys watching gtown and prov? This is the best conference by far

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Absolutely not. Tre was given the opportunity to win it off of the back of Kanters play all game. If Kanter doesnt show we lose by 15. Kanter for player of the game in a landslide
    I mean, this is a weird thing to argue about, but "absolutely" not? Kanter had an awesome game, and could definitely be worthy of game MVP. But Tre did have more points, more rebounds, more assists, and hit the clutch shots to close out the game. Tre went 26 and 5 on 7-15/6-9/6-7... I wouldn't say it's a landslide.

That being said, Kanter and O'Mara working inside tonight was a thing of beauty. Fouled out both of their big stiffs, and really showed a lot of skill. Was great to see it, especially since Jones was sidelined today (and hopefully not too much longer...).

Are you guys watching gtown and prov? This is the best conference by far
    Agreed.

Please dont take what I said as a slight to Tre if that is what you think. He definitely won the game with his shot and Big steal that got Fowler out. But my only point is he did go like 20 minutes with no FG at one point. Kanter gave him the chance to be big that is why I credit Kanter more. At one point I think we was 8-8 with a three. He couldn't have stepped up more when it was sorely needed

Please dont take what I said as a slight to Tre if that is what you think. He definitely won the game with his shot and Big steal that got Fowler out. But my only point is he did go like 20 minutes with no FG at one point. Kanter gave him the chance to be big that is why I credit Kanter more. At one point I think we was 8-8 with a three. He couldn't have stepped up more when it was sorely needed
    Well to be fair that's been Tre throughout his career, how many times last season did he have 4, 6, etc. in the first half, to come through in the second half with a big 14-16, etc. The thing about Tre is, when the game is on the line, and you need someone to take over, he's the perfect candidate, he lives for the moment. He reminds me so much of Tu Holloway in that aspect, some guys have it, some guys don't.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Well to be fair that's been Tre throughout his career, how many times last season did he have 4, 6, etc. in the first half, to come through in the second half with a big 14-16, etc. The thing about Tre is, when the game is on the line, and you need someone to take over, he's the perfect candidate, he lives for the moment. He reminds me so much of Tu Holloway in that aspect, some guys have it, some guys don't.
    Yeah I really can't argue that. I wonder if he would have passed Byron if he could put two halves together consistently

In all seriousness....how did Kanter go to a Podunk school his first couple years?
    The bigger question is how did he play 19 minutes a game last year, and 10 and 4 minutes as a sophomore and freshman respectively.

Sophomore
    just watched the DVR version as was out but monitoring. The key play was the poor stiff who came in for 10 sec to replace fowler and O'mara tipped the rebound back. Nice to have a win to start this stretch.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Thank God!

Butler played great but if we would have lost that would have been 100% because dumb things by us. We need to get a whole lot better defensively if that is even possible. The mental errors are definitely correctable on D.

Trevon is UNREAL! Retire that jersey yesterday.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17