Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65
  1. #41
    I still believe. muskiefan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,900
    No. That was actually my stepdad and stepbrother at the 1987 NCAA win against Missouri. I skipped school that day and watched from home though.....some things you just have to do...
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

  2. #42
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Nice article by Adam Baum on the 1989-90 team that went to our first sweet sixteen. Funny, one player says hard to believe heís 50 years old. Said to myself no way that guy is 50! Then I just got a shot of reality, that was my senior year and Iím in my 50ís.

    Had trouble finding a thread to put this in. Since this team is part of the streak - why not.

    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...st/1617219001/
    Derek Strong was a man among boys in that game. What a monster front court we had. It's a shame they couldn't finish off Texas. Arguably the most talented team in Xavier history.
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  3. #43
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Derek Strong was a man among boys in that game. What a monster front court we had. It's a shame they couldn't finish off Texas. Arguably the most talented team in Xavier history.
    No kidding on most talented team and front court in terms of future NBA talent with Hill being our first lottery pick ever. Not sure we’ve ever had 3 NBA players on one team. I would say between that team and 2017-18 (obviously the better college team).

  4. #44
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    No kidding on most talented team and front court in terms of future NBA talent with Hill being our first lottery pick ever. Not sure we’ve ever had 3 NBA players on one team. I would say between that team and 2017-18 (obviously the better college team).
    Hill, Strong, Gladden, Walker, Davenport. Hell of a lineup. Williams off the bench. Team was loaded. They were one of the few teams to beat a healthy loyola marymount team that year. Hill and Strong both had 20 20 games against bo kimble and crew. That part in the article about Hill and Strong both being great on the break is really true. They could run with anyone.
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  5. #45
    Junior sirthought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    No kidding on most talented team and front court in terms of future NBA talent with Hill being our first lottery pick ever. Not sure we’ve ever had 3 NBA players on one team. I would say between that team and 2017-18 (obviously the better college team).
    West, Sato, and Chalmers all played in the NBA and in same college team, no?
    Bluiett, Macura, and Sumners have each had some NBA contract.

  6. #46
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    No kidding on most talented team and front court in terms of future NBA talent with Hill being our first lottery pick ever. Not sure we’ve ever had 3 NBA players on one team. I would say between that team and 2017-18 (obviously the better college team).
    Also, with regard to the question about 3 NBA players, I'd direct you to the Thad Matta era muskies. They didn't all stick like the three guys from 1990, but David West, Dave Young, Romain Sato, and Lionel Chalmers were all drafted off of the 2003 muskies
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  7. #47
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    West, Sato, and Chalmers all played in the NBA and in same college team, no?
    Bluiett, Macura, and Sumners have each had some NBA contract.
    Of course! Not sure they had the same track record in terms of NBA productivity (On a team and contributing - Hill, Strong, and Williams). IMO, this was when X was put on the map for school’s who can put players in NBA.

  8. #48
    Supporting Member WCWIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naperville IL
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Of course! Not sure they had the same track record in terms of NBA productivity (On a team and contributing - Hill, Strong, and Williams). IMO, this was when X was put on the map for schoolís who can put players in NBA.
    Power Forward U

  9. #49
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    627
    Looks like this might be a nailbiter again this year.

  10. #50
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    27,748
    Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    Looks like this might be a nailbiter again this year.
    I think nailbiter is the best case scenario!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •