Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    No. That was actually my stepdad and stepbrother at the 1987 NCAA win against Missouri. I skipped school that day and watched from home though.....some things you just have to do...
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Nice article by Adam Baum on the 1989-90 team that went to our first sweet sixteen. Funny, one player says hard to believe he’s 50 years old. Said to myself no way that guy is 50! Then I just got a shot of reality, that was my senior year and I’m in my 50’s.

Had trouble finding a thread to put this in. Since this team is part of the streak - why not.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...st/1617219001/
    Derek Strong was a man among boys in that game. What a monster front court we had. It's a shame they couldn't finish off Texas. Arguably the most talented team in Xavier history.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Derek Strong was a man among boys in that game. What a monster front court we had. It's a shame they couldn't finish off Texas. Arguably the most talented team in Xavier history.
    No kidding on most talented team and front court in terms of future NBA talent with Hill being our first lottery pick ever. Not sure we’ve ever had 3 NBA players on one team. I would say between that team and 2017-18 (obviously the better college team).

Sophomore
    No kidding on most talented team and front court in terms of future NBA talent with Hill being our first lottery pick ever. Not sure we’ve ever had 3 NBA players on one team. I would say between that team and 2017-18 (obviously the better college team).
    Hill, Strong, Gladden, Walker, Davenport. Hell of a lineup. Williams off the bench. Team was loaded. They were one of the few teams to beat a healthy loyola marymount team that year. Hill and Strong both had 20 20 games against bo kimble and crew. That part in the article about Hill and Strong both being great on the break is really true. They could run with anyone.

West, Sato, and Chalmers all played in the NBA and in same college team, no?
    Bluiett, Macura, and Sumners have each had some NBA contract.

Sophomore
    Also, with regard to the question about 3 NBA players, I'd direct you to the Thad Matta era muskies. They didn't all stick like the three guys from 1990, but David West, Dave Young, Romain Sato, and Lionel Chalmers were all drafted off of the 2003 muskies

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    West, Sato, and Chalmers all played in the NBA and in same college team, no?
    Bluiett, Macura, and Sumners have each had some NBA contract.
    Of course! Not sure they had the same track record in terms of NBA productivity (On a team and contributing - Hill, Strong, and Williams). IMO, this was when X was put on the map for school’s who can put players in NBA.

Of course! Not sure they had the same track record in terms of NBA productivity (On a team and contributing - Hill, Strong, and Williams). IMO, this was when X was put on the map for school’s who can put players in NBA.
    Power Forward U

Sophomore
    Looks like this might be a nailbiter again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    Looks like this might be a nailbiter again this year.
    I think nailbiter is the best case scenario!