Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    I always rooted for A10 schools out of self-interest and I liked some of the programs. However, rooting for them was a highly frustrating experience, something I would not say for the Big East. The A10 might have a good week or two, but then they would follow it with multiple just stupid losses, and there were multiple programs that just played spoiler to decent teams year in and year out.

It still kills me that the best A10 season in years was the first year X was gone. They couldn't have that season while X was there to complement it with their usual performance?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Thank God the A-10 didn't have their best season our last year there. Our .500 or better conference streak would have been in real peril since we stunk that year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Thank God the A-10 didn't have their best season our last year there. Our .500 or better conference streak would have been in real peril since we stunk that year.
    Yeah, but any other year but that!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Here is the A-10 in 2013 and how Xavier did:

#4 Saint Louis (win), #5 VCU (loss), #6 Butler (1-1), #9 Temple (win), #13 La Salle (win)

They were 9-7 in the A-10 that year. The noncon was also littered with losses to Pacific, Tennessee, Vandy, Wake Forest and Wofford that year.

The ironic part of 2014 might have been that Xavier could have also finished 2 games above .500 in the A-10 (like they did in the Big East) and avoided the First Four instead of being shipped to Dayton. Thankfully the Big East/Atlantic 10 campaigns that season are looking more and more like a historical outlier.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    Auburn is in the mix.

X has 2 big road games before the NCAA reveals the current top 16 teams on Feb 11th.

Win both X will be the 4th #1 seed (which means out West though)

Win 1 of the 2 and Auburn wins out until then Auburn might get it.

Or maybe they still give it to Kansas or Duke who knows.

Bad timing for 2 tough road games need both to be assured of the #1 seed come Feb 11th.

Last year they did the reveal on the Saturday before all the Sat games this year they are doing it on Sunday after all those Saturday games. Things can change based off that 1 game for sure.
    If we win both next week we have a better resume than Purdue. I think we should be 3rd 1 seed on Feb 11th.

We would have 4 top 25 RPI wins, and if Butler moved up 1 spot, 6 top 25 wins.

Purdue currently has two top 25 RPI wins. Although if they go 2-0 next week they would pick up two more to get to 4 and that would mean they would pick up a win @Mich State.

So if we both go 2-0 next week the win @ Mich state might put them over us but I think it would be very close.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

My god are you watching this Providence GT game? If this aint the best conference in America I dont know what is

Almost Every single game is a great battle

On another note, we were out watching the game tonight in a local pub and the UC fans were glued to watching the X-Butler game instead of their own game.......b/c they haven't watched an actual good basketball game in weeks.

Well yeah sometimes I find watching other teams more exciting because it doesn’t STRESS ME THE F OUT like X does.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Almost Every single game is a great battle

On another note, we were out watching the game tonight in a local pub and the UC fans were glued to watching the X-Butler game instead of their own game.......b/c they haven't watched an actual good basketball game in weeks.
    What can I say... UC is now XU... they are the class of the A-10 errrr AAC

If this Freshman class stays look for Georgetown to be a top 5 team

If Georgetown can figure out how to keep their bigs from fouling out they will be a tough out in the Big East Tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook