Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

ud to big east? (NO)

My ud friend tells me there is renewed chatter at ud regarding their joining the big east. It might makes sense with Georgetown, DePaul and St Johns showing improvement. The conference might want a new whipping boy. Seriously, I don't think it will ever happen because so many members want to keep a school in their marketing area out that these schools form a coalition against expansion.

I'd be surprised. Who would be the other team joining? They aren't going to add just one.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I'd be surprised. Who would be the other team joining? They aren't going to add just one.
    Always seems to be chatter about UCONN.

I'm pretty sure UConn has an open invitation whenever they're ready to stop pretending that football is going to happen in any meaningful way for them. Dayton? No.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Always seems to be chatter about UCONN.
    As long as UCONN has a football team I don't think you will see them in the Big East again.

What does UD add in terms of increased revenue for the league? From everything I've heard, If UD joins the BE, revenues will be decreased for each team because there are more mouths to feed. Fox tv revenue doesn't increase if two more teams join the league.
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-15-2018 at 11:52 AM.

No more Ohio schools.
    Indiana, Ohio and west of Mississippi is covered.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xuinmd View Post
    My ud friend tells me
    The rest of the paragraph is irrelevant after that introduction. At least until someone outside of their sphere of influence brings it up.

There are a bunch of UConn fans in social media more vocal about rejoining the Big East, but there's no way the American lets them move their other sports over there while still retaining FBS football.

Quote Originally Posted by xuinmd View Post
    My ud friend tells me there is renewed chatter at ud regarding their joining the big east. It might makes sense with Georgetown, DePaul and St Johns showing improvement. The conference might want a new whipping boy. Seriously, I don't think it will ever happen because so many members want to keep a school in their marketing area out that these schools form a coalition against expansion.
    Your friend is clueless.
    X A V I E R

Actually UD has opportunity to join AAC.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket