Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    As an illustration of my "it could be worse" position, UConn beat Wichita State 124-43 on Saturday. Wichita State is 70 spots ahead of Xavier in the RPI.

The mess that the women are in is Greg Christopher's biggest challenge right now. The women are Supposed to be a revenue producing sport but it is a total dumpster fire. Getting a good young aggressive coach in there should be paramount.

That being said, UCon is making the entire women's game a joke. It is unwatchable. There is no drama or suspense on who will win the National Championship.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The mess that the women are in is Greg Christopher's biggest challenge right now. The women are Supposed to be a revenue producing sport but it is a total dumpster fire. Getting a good young aggressive coach in there should be paramount.

That being said, UCon is making the entire women's game a joke. It is unwatchable. There is no drama or suspense on who will win the National Championship.
    Which is why the honestly shouldn't allow all the best players to go to one school every year. I know that opens a huge set of other challenges, but women's college basketball is a joke right now.

And for what its worth, I would really like to know how many schools actually budget for their teams to be in the black. I cant imagine its any more than 10 or so.

I think Louisville could beat UConn tonight. Or at least make it a very good game. UConn is still the best, but this year they're not that much better than the others.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post

Mississippi State has room on their bandwagon - they're still unbeaten and were the last team that beat UConn.

Honestly, if you were to look at basketball and other Olympic sports for Xavier, women's hoops is the only program that doesn't have a glimmer of hope for success at the moment. Hell, this week we'll finally have baseball season beginning with a 3-game series at Florida State.

I missed game on Sunday but I heard the Ladies played well against DePaul and there was a controversial call at the end of the game. Anyone go and can explain it?
    Zip'em Up!

ship is still sinking....smh.
    Zip'em Up!

Freshman
    Season is over with a loss in the play-in game in the Big East Tournament. The final numbers are 10-20 and 3-15 in the Big East, with only two wins in calendar 2018.

I assume if there is no announcement made today or tomorrow, he's getting another year. This stretch would never be acceptable for our men's program and it shouldn't be here, either.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Sure, all I said is it could be worse. And if UConn was in the league it would be.
    UC lost by 54 to UConn today, and it wasn't that close. That would be worse.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    That was UC's best team in about a decade and a half, yet Xavier somehow beat them this year.