Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seton Hall Roll Call

Will be there with 2 others on Saturday. Section 15 row F. Looks like there are a ton of bars/restaurants near the arena. It's my first time making the trip to Newark, so accepting all suggestions on where to go before the game. Might check out Redd's Biergarten.
    Last edited by XMuskieFTW; 01-18-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    It's my first time making the trip to Newark, so accepting all suggestions...
    Take a gun and keep your Uber app open.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I will never attend a Xavier game in the garden state again.

I was there in 2016 to watch X lose to Seton Hall 90-81 when we were ranked 9th.

I was there in 2008 to see #7 Xavier be destroyed by Duke 82-64.

That's enough for me. I hope others serve as a good luck charm better than I have.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I was also at the Rock a couple of seasons ago for that game. That was right after Xavier beat Villanova and Seton Hall was playing their best ball of that season at that time.

Xavier's 4 games at Seton Hall were much more competitive than the 4 losses at Villanova, but this is another demon for the program to put to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    I will never attend a Xavier game in the garden state again.

I was there in 2016 to watch X lose to Seton Hall 90-81 when we were ranked 9th.

I was there in 2008 to see #7 Xavier be destroyed by Duke 82-64.

That's enough for me. I hope others serve as a good luck charm better than I have.
    Same. First and last time in the Prudential Center for me.

Supporting Member
    As a college bball fan, I adopted SHU after returning to NJ from Cincy in 72. I have a mini ticket package for SHU and XU is always part of the deal. I have sat through 4 losses during the BE and it is not pretty considering that those that I go to games with are all SHU grads. Have paid off many drinking bets on these games. I am in Sec 17 row 9.

Redd's, Edison Ale and Dino BBQ are the 3 most popular pre and post game spots. If you want food, you should be there at least 2 hours before tip. The Portuguese Section of Newark (east of McCarter Highway) have great restaurants if you plan to stay in Newark after the game. Very safe there.

On a side note, I might direct board readers to the SHU board (Rivals). The board is blowing up after last night's beat down by Creighton. Desi Rodriguez was benched after 6 minutes and the whole board is on fire. Half the people want K Willard gone and the other half are disappointed in the effort that the 4 seniors (Desi, Angel, Khadeem and Ish) show on road games. With that said, SHU always seems to show up at The Rock. The game is a sellout so they will have around 10k for the game. In the past, this was always a home game for Myles Davis and he always tried to do too much. I hope team 96 will be much more focused.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Will be there with 2 others on Saturday. Section 15 row F. Looks like there are a ton of bars/restaurants near the arena. It's my first time making the trip to Newark, so accepting all suggestions on where to go before the game. Might check out Redd's Biergarten.
    I heard from a reliable source that it's a real shithole.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    With that said, SHU always seems to show up at The Rock. The game is a sellout so they will have around 10k for the game.
    Maybe an inside joke. I thought it sat 18K?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    They close off the upper bowl. I think they only open it for the Nova game and usually if they play Rutgers at home.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

I believe they close off the upper level of the arena for all Seton Hall games.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens