Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Big East Regular Season Championship

Xavier is not winning a Big East championship this year. Villanova is just too damned good.

However, if we ARE going to win a Big East championiship this year, we MUST win at Seton Hall. MUST. Really, we just have to win up there in any event, because I'm sick of losing to them. They kind of own us in the league, and I don't like it. Kevin Willard can eat a bag of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Xavier is not winning a Big East championship this year. Villanova is just too damned good.

However, if we ARE going to win a Big East championiship this year, we MUST win at Seton Hall. MUST. Really, we just have to win up there in any event, because I'm sick of losing to them. They kind of own us in the league, and I don't like it. Kevin Willard can eat a bag of dicks.
    I was thinking about this last night. If we are going to send any message whatsoever to Villanova, we MUST win on Saturday.

Send a message to Nova? Just win the rematch.

This would be our best road win of the year and put us back in contention for a 2 seed.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Send a message to Nova? Just win the rematch.

This would be our best road win of the year and put us back in contention for a 2 seed.
    Winning the rematch only against Nova and losing another 3,4, or 5 games does nothing for winning the BE........Nova is only going to lose 1 or 2 more games maybe 3 at most.......

The message sent in winning today would be............we aren't going away.

We're not ready to win this league. We're better than most teams but not by enough. Until we stop playing down to lesser teams, we're not ready. And I believe that's coaching.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    We're not ready to win this league. We're better than most teams but not by enough. Until we stop playing down to lesser teams, we're not ready. And I believe that's coaching.
    Fire Mack!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Seton Hall is certainly not a lesser team.

Our RPI is #5. Seaton Hall is #13. Would be a great win, would not be a devastating loss.

Yeah.......

Some people seem to completely ignore the fact that other teams have good players AND good coaches too.

This isnt the MCC or A-10 anymore.......

Geesh

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Seton Hall is certainly not a lesser team.
    I'm not talking about SH. I'm taking about the other teams that have given us trouble. When you are elite that doesn't happen as often. I think this has been a problem for years. I would love to see us get over that hump. Mack is great but this is the one issue is like to see him figure out.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.