Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This is a UD pipe dream. Two and only 2 schools make sense. As one said before when Uconn wants to stop pretending football matters there then they come back for history sake. After that only one school makes sense and that is Wichita State to give Creighton a more natural rival. No other schools including UD even have a chance and quite honestly I'm 100% against any expansion. This is the best conference for basketball in America

Can we delete this thread somehow? It’s offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is not correct. There is room in the Fox contract to add up to 2 more teams, and have the same revenue for each team.

As to adding 2, I keep thinking if we do add, it'll be 1 team. That would leave us with the round robin and a new 20 game conference schedule that the ACC and Big 10 are already moving to. (ending sentence with preposition)
    Never end a sentence with a preposition unless you have to.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Cooley XU'81 View Post
    Never end a sentence with a preposition unless you have to.
    That’s the kind of info you can’t have too much of!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    That’s the kind of info you can’t have too much of!
    Depends on where you’re from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Anyone here know what the Fox Sport channel brings to the BE monetarily?
    Is it all shared equally among 10 teams?
    The new Big East yesterday formally inked a 12-year, $500M contract with Fox Sports, a “sum that will rise" to $600M if, "as expected, the league expands to 12 members
    About $4 million/year/team (maybe some differences in early years for newest members)

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...-East-MWC.aspx

I'd like to believe they won't expand past 10, like Dash says.
    But, I think the inventory desire from Fox may be strong, and push us to the 20 game conference schedule. I'd love that to mean only one addition to keep the round robin. It's a shame St Louis didn't take off like they could have. Geographically good and good facilities. Basketball just pokes along though.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

For the sake of discussion...and I am in no way serious about this, but it would possibly be of value...

- add Fordham University (Catholic / The have football, but that seems to already be squared away in the Patriot League)

- get them some money to build some damn facilities

- hope we can get a bigger lock on the NYC metro region, as that still holds sway with some players, being a media and sports capital.

I know the program was hopeless forever and their gym is perhaps not equal to some high schools, but as a school they do hit certain Big East criteria. I'd worry if they did struggle to improve if that would drag the conference overall. Again, not serious, but I'd find this more interesting than Dayton or St. Louis.

Apparently Ackerman commented on it last month, in responding to inquiries about the 20 game conference schedule change by some of the other leagues:

Big East Notebook: As others expand conference slate, league is content — for now | The Athletic
    Ackerman says she sees the Big East staying at 10 members for the “near-to-medium” term. The Big East can keep the home-and-home format between all of its schools by adding one member. “One-school expansion for us would be the most-likely scenario,” she says.
    https://www.vuhoops.com/2017/12/21/1...-uconn-gonzaga
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

"near-to-medium" term = until UConn comes to their senses

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Can we delete this thread somehow? It’s offensive.
    Agree it is rather offensive. How dare XU posters snub so called lesser schools & conferences. We were one of those until we joined the BE. If Butler, Creighton & XU don't join the BE - then the BE might have become a lesser conference. The AAC has former BE members UConn & UC, Mo Val power Wichita St, A10 power Temple, CUSA power Memphis and very comparable to our old A10. Dayton has played in several Elite 8s plus lost to UCLA in the 67 Finals. WE HAVE BECOME WHAT HE HATED - SNUBBING OUR NOSES AT OTHERS. Go NKU, my new local school doing what we did 30 yrs ago. But I don't want UD or any other schools added to the BE. Fox Sports or other TV can possibly override the Conference wishes not to expand.