Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    a 20 game conference schedule will have a negative effect on the conference (as a whole) RPI and SOS. This assumes that each BE team would have 2 less non-con games to play each year, and the collective record of those non-con games is better than .500.

Adding 2 more conference games for each team would result in adding the same number of wins and losses into the "pool" of games that would make up the W/L pool for the Conference RPI.

It would likely significantly improve the 50% of RPI based on opponents' record, though. Not sure how it would affect opponents' opponents (25%).

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    I think that the BE is content with the round robin/home and home format that 10 teams provides. This sounds like something that ud fans create in the alternative basketball universe in which they live. The BE has begun hitting its stride the past couple of years. A national champion, great OOC conference record, several Top 25 teams and decent NCAA tourney performance, apart form Villanova's NC. The flyers are pretty much stuck in the A-10 or some other lesser conference than the BE.
    See, adding 1 team- UCon- allows the round robin schedule to continue in a 20 League game format. Plus it renews rivalries and gives more TV juice to the New York market for FS1. The ONLY other school that would be considered to break that up would be if Notre Dame wanted a change out. THAT’S IT.

The UDump dreamers can go away. They add nothing to the table and won’t be invited. G’Bye.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If UConn joined, you'd also have them lobbying to have the TV rights moved back to the Mothership and away from FS1.

There's also a better chance of Dayton joining the Big East than there is of Notre Dame leaving the ACC. There is an even better chance that Fr. Graham will streak across campus than either of these 3 things happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm with you on this one, if we go to 11 and UConn won't give up football.
    Market wise, geography wise, and institutional wise it seems like the perfect fit.
    If they had just kept on the Majerus trajectory things would be a lot easier.
    StL, UDump, VCU- not Programs, but Personalities. (Majerus, Archie, Shaka-lacka)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Hell, VCU misses Will Wade right now. They've slipped compared to last year and LSU went from a wasteland to a possible NCAA Tournament team in Year 1 under Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Hell, VCU misses Will Wade right now. They've slipped compared to last year and LSU went from a wasteland to a possible NCAA Tournament team in Year 1 under Wade.
    Like X, VCU also had a tradition of replacing good coaches with good coaches within the same tree. That tradition seems to have died with Will Wade's departure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    StL, UDump, VCU- not Programs, but Personalities. (Majerus, Archie, Shaka-lacka)
    Good point.
    Still think the TV market, geography and institutional fit are there.
    Too bad not a long term, successful program in this century.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Poor VD. Any program that is dumb enough to dump millions of dollars into a toilet piece of architecture that was the bomb in 1969 - but certainly not now - deserves its fate in peonville.

I enjoy that fanbase. They truly believe VD enjoys material advantages over most of the existing BE members. They seem to think that VD continues to develop while other schools are standing still.

They have no idea where Xavier is headed on the development trajectory and probably haven't begun to comprehend what the HUB is going to do for the school once it comes online.

As for expansion in general: no, just not needed presently, for any reason.

If the powers that be want it at some point for their reasons, then it has to be about UCONN. I can't see it any other way. UCONN will come with a host of issues, not the least of which will be an entitled fanbase, but the presumption is that football will be boxed up there before they ever make it into the BE. Those issues will be dwarfed by what UCONN would bring in terms of eyeballs and MSG sellouts, etc.

If expansion is still sought beyond UCONN should UCONN not take the step, then I would think it would be about SLU or - yes, I'm serious - Duquesne. Grab St. Louis or Pittsburgh. But once again and obviously, the BE has the luxury of not being in the business of helping programs resuscitate themselves. Yes, you could argue that UCONN is in that very position right now, but it's a very different duck.
    Last edited by xudash; 01-17-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Like X, VCU also had a tradition of replacing good coaches with good coaches within the same tree. That tradition seems to have died with Will Wade's departure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Well, Wade is questionable. Just cause he did Ok for a couple of years won-loss wise with Shaka-lacka’s players does not a program make. You need the whole package & Wade left before it became about HIS guys. Now with HIS guys VCU is pedestrian in a trash league. Now Wade is winning with somebody else’s (who everybody knew was a garbage in-game Coach) Players. Call him Randy Ayers Jr.