Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Great win. Happy to see Scruggs getting better and playing with more confidence. Kanter and O’Mara both played a great game. I hope Tre’s shoulder gets better soon. Gates is outstanding today. Congrats to Mack for his 202 win. It is so much fun and enjoyable watching the game today on FOX TV. Victory was never in doubt.

Any word on Jones? Was it resting or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    He was in great spirits on the bench. Omara did not play in second half against providence. It is tough to coach with this depth and you can be sure with the St Johns and Seton Hall quickness Tyrique will see plenty of time. Depth does not help against villanova as brunson has ball in hands 90% of time and has 1 turnover per game this year-"maybe" at cintas scruggs can put some pressure on him. It is great to see scruggs play well as we were over depth in the front court and under in the backcourt with little answers for quick guards. I am shocked that Krempl did nothing as he looked great against delgado and butler and even the big Baylor guy. A great all around game obviously and Macura had the best 10 point game in regular season he ever had

I think I heard in postgame that's he got dinged up in practice and they didn't feel like he could comfortably receive a pass. Though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    I think I heard in postgame that's he got dinged up in practice and they didn't feel like he could comfortably receive a pass. Though I could be wrong.
    Yep. That’s what Mack said. Tyrique didn’t feel like he’d be able to catch passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Yep. That’s what Mack said. Tyrique didn’t feel like he’d be able to catch passes.
    It's not so much the receiving end that has been an issue with this team lately....

I hope he is able to recover quickly and the whole team gets better at passing AND receiving.

This is one tough league and I want to WIN IT!

A lot of nagging questions answered today. Something to build off of so we peak at the right time.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Any word on Jones? Was it resting or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He hurt his right finger and it was "puffy" according to Mack. He felt he would hurt the team. Mack said he might play if he could rebound and block shots with that good left arm

Wow, that was a pretty good effort with lots of contributors in spite of Tyrique’s absence as well as below average scoring effort by JP. Just happy to also see the game that Scruggs and Marshall had. Kanter has really surprised me. He’s going to have a good career in Europe.

defense.....defense......defense.......11 steals. Keep that sh&* up!!!!

How in the heck did we hold Creighton to 70 points with Kanter playing 24 minutes? According to some, he gives up more points than he scores.

He is our best big man and rebounder.

Gates was a monster today.

I guess we can put the "sit Trevon for a month" ridiculousness to bed. Hopefully this breaks him out of the slump and he has a strong finish to the season.