Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    No. He should be playing the 2. Basketball isn't defined as PG SG SF PF C anymore. Q playing at the 1 and Scruggs off the ball at the 2 would allow Scruggs way more opportunities to do what he's best at which is slashing to the lane. Like Naji has been able to do this year. The only reason he learned the 1 this year and not the 2 is because someone had to backup Q. Guarantee if Sumner was on this team Paul would've learned the 2 this year.
    So he's going to take our All American's minutes? F that.

He's the back-up point guard. I would tell Q that he needs to start making life easier for his teammates and that he's going to be playing 35 minutes a game. Scruggs can play 5.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    So he's going to take our All American's minutes? F that.

He's the back-up point guard. I would tell Q that he needs to start making life easier for his teammates and that he's going to be playing 35 minutes a game. Scruggs can play 5.
    I'm saying that he's best suited for the 2. That's where I'd expect to see the majority of his minutes next year. Only reason he's at the 1 is because we needed a backup PG. If we had still had Sumner, Scruggs would be seeing his back up minutes at the 2, which is his better suited position.
    Last edited by XMuskieFTW; 01-12-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So what position should he be playing? Shooting guard? That entails "shooting", something he can't do.

Goodin can't shoot either. Next year is going to be fun.
    The team is 15-3. Try to enjoy this year and stop bitching 24/7 on this board. It gets old.

We just got beat by 25 points again! Not much to talk about until the Creighton game.

I'm enjoying the year. I also have a realistic view of this team. Sorry if I don't pump sunshine up everyone's butt.

I'm saying that he's best suited for the 2. That's where I'd expect to see the majority of his minutes next year. Only reason he's at the 1 is because we needed a backup PG. If we had still had Sumner, Scruggs would be seeing his back up minutes at the 2, which is his better suited position.
    While I agree with you, who would be backup point guard next year? There are no pg's in this year's recruiting class.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    While I agree with you, who would be backup point guard next year? There are no pg's in this year's recruiting class.
    Still Paul. But I think we'll see Q playing 30-32 minutes a game at the 1 with Paul seeing about 8-10 at the 1 and 15-20 at the 2.

Still Paul. But I think we'll see Q playing 30-32 minutes a game at the 1 with Paul seeing about 8-10 at the 1 and 15-20 at the 2.
    Against Villanova, were Q and Paul in the game together with Paul at the 1?

Last year, Mack dabbled in Q at the 1 and Sumner at the 2. It could be effective getting motion toward the basket.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Against Villanova, were Q and Paul in the game together with Paul at the 1?
    Yes. Q knows the 1 and the 2, but Paul only knows the 1. Mack only teaches freshman one position so it has to be set up that way. Wish Paul was the one who had learned both so far.

Yes. Q knows the 1 and the 2, but Paul only knows the 1. Mack only teaches freshman one position so it has to be set up that way. Wish Paul was the one who had learned both so far.
    I'd like to see Paul at the 2 in that situation.