Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    I hope this place doesn’t become Doomsday in here because of a few tough but relatively meaningless stretch. It’s life in the Big East road. We’re not playing Charlotte or Fordham anymore. As for TB - I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to work it out. I’m also willing to give Mack the benefit of doubt to do what’s best for the team. It’s all about where you are in March, we all know that. With this group of talent and experience the sky is still the limit. I feel confident with Mack + Bluiett + Macura as my core going forward. They have a tendency to come through.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 01-11-2018 at 12:07 AM.
    Run the table.

Stealing a few road wins in the BE is huge. I had no expectations of being undefeated. Was the showing tonight disappointing? Sure. Ups and downs happen during the season. EVERY season.

We aren’t big east champs, sucks to know but now we do. Time to man up, improve, and be ready for a deep run in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We act like this is the old Big East or old ACC. I’m sorry but when ur the top 5 or top 10 in the country I actually expect to beat ETSU, DePaul and Marshall by a lot and I expect you to show up for Providence and At least act like u know a little bit about basketball when u play Nova and the suit. Let’s please not use the excuse this isn’t the A-10. When X was in the A-10 they wouldn’t have lost to Nova 5 years in a row by an avg of 20 points. At some point you have to blame coaching.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Ah yes, the inevitable bandwagon jumpers and flip floppers are rampant.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    What do you expect and is everything rosy in your eyes right now? Losing to a very mediocre providence team with minimal effort sucks. Getting blown out yet again at nova sucks. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of watching Xavier looking completely unprepared and getting their teeth kicked in every year up there.

The lack of intensity and effort, especially on the defensive side of the ball is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Yeah, what the hell do you expect when you get thumped by 25 points? Seriously. EVERY fan base would react the SAME EXACT WAY. Give it a rest.

For the record, very few are off jumping off. Many very concerned about the performance. Its not losing...which I think was expected. Its the same THRASHING now 4 years in a row.

No doubt......just saying that people start threads here like "JP favorite player all time", others comment in agreement, then turn on him.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

At least they did not try to murder our point guard.

They just murdered our defense.

They murdered our offense too.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Our offense has been abysmal for the last two games. When our starters shoot 29/77 over a 2 game stretch, our defense is going to suffer because of it. Give me a break with the "starting Kanter will hurt our defense' bullshit.

Start Kanter. Don't care if he comes in for Gates or Ty. We need somebody who can put the ball in the basket from the start and maybe draw defenders away from Tre and JP.