Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    People haven’t heard of Kevin Carr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    I've polled about a dozen so called Xavier Basketball fans in the past few days and none of them had ever heard of Brad Noble, Tyson Brit, Nate Turner or Kevin Carr. But they all came on board after the turn of the century so that explains why.
    Tyson Britt was in the legendary class with Sherwin Anderson, and Ken Harvey. But Tyson left before their senior season.

Nate Turner was a kid out Middletown, and left after a couple uneventful seasons in the late 90’s. He was in a one person class the year behind Posey, Lumpkin, and Lenny Brown. If I remember correctly, he and Skip didn’t get along very well.

Kevin Carr was a JuCo transfer who went toe to toe with Marcus Camby and #1 ranked Umass when Caipari was coaching. Great guy, one of the better JuCos we had seen at Xavier, at the time.

I am 44, I’ve been regularly attending Xavier games for 32 years, and even I had to look up who the hell Brad Noble was. Dude only played 9 games for us back in Bob Staak’s final season. Props to anyone who remembered that guy off the top of their head.
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 01-13-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    If not for Tyson Brit, Xavier's streak of .500 conference seasons or better gets snapped in 1995:

Great find Band! Kels didn't exactly run that go ahead possession very well!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Lenny Brown also took a hurried shot with a lot of time on the clock in that sequence. Brit was in the right place at the right time. Former Xavier assistant Kenya Hunter was also playing for Duquesne at the time.

Brad Noble was an enforcer. Dude would knock your ass out with a screen.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Tyson Britt was in the legendary class with Sherwin Anderson, and Kent Harvey. But Tyson left before their senior season.

Nate Turner was a kid out Middletown, and left after a couple uneventful seasons in the late 90’s. He was in a one person class the year behind Posey, Lumpkin, and Lenny Brown. If I remember correctly, he and Skip didn’t get along very well.

Kevin Carr was a JuCo transfer who went toe to toe with Marcus Camby and #1 ranked Umass when Caipari was coaching. Great guy, one of the better JuCos we had seen at Xavier, at the time.

I am 44, I’ve been regularly attending Xavier games for 32 years, and even I had to look up who the hell Brad Noble was. Dude only played 9 games for us back in Bob Staak’s final season. Props to anyone who remembered that guy off the top of their head.
    I remember Brad Noble. He was a gentle giant. Very quiet. I was a freshman and he had placed an ad in the Xavier Newswire about selling a Panasonic turntable and I bought it from him. I believe Nate Turner transferred to a small school in Tennessee. Kevin Carr was the first big guy I remember taking 3's. I don't know what happened to Brit. We always got lucky with those guys from Naptown. Indy guys generally worked out for us.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Forget where Nate Turner transferred, but you may be thinking of Leo Murray that ended up transferring to ETSU (and ended up returning to the Gardens as a Buc one year).

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Forget where Nate Turner transferred, but you may be thinking of Leo Murray that ended up transferring to ETSU (and ended up returning to the Gardens as a Buc one year).
    I thought it was some bible school down in Tennessee. It wasn't a division 1 school either. Boy, is DePaul really that bad. They lead Providence early in the 2nd half 46-34 and then proceeded to let PC go on a 22-0 run at home no less.

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    I thought it was some bible school down in Tennessee. It wasn't a division 1 school either. Boy, is DePaul really that bad. They lead Providence early in the 2nd half 46-34 and then proceeded to let PC go on a 22-0 run at home no less.
    DePaul had some pieces that can allow them to challenge good teams, but they just don't have enough to be consistent through a whole game.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    DePaul had some pieces that can allow them to challenge good teams, but they just don't have enough to be consistent through a whole game.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    DePaul cut PC's lead to 67-64 with a minute and a half left and then proceeded to do DePaul things. Regardless, they are vastly improved from last year. If Joe Hanel is not playing it definitely means they have improved.