Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Serious question

Xavier proved last year that all you have to do is make the tourney then anything can happen. So I ask this... do we sit Tre for a few weeks to get him healthy and start Scrugs? We are already in so let Tre get healthy... get Scruggs big experience like Q did last year and be great come March at the expense of a few seed spots... thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Xavier proved last year that all you have to do is make the tourney then anything can happen. So I ask this... do we sit Tre for a few weeks to get him healthy and start Scrugs? We are already in so let Tre get healthy... get Scruggs big experience like Q did last year and be great come March at the expense of a few seed spots... thoughts
    I mean I think you know this, but absolutely no way unless Tre isn't healthy enough to go.

I'm as much a believer in "just get in" as anyone, and I do think X would have beat many many teams with how they played last March, but realistically the Maryland draw was VERY fortunate and playing any team coached by Leonard Hamilton is always a slight break. The reason you want as high a seed as possible is to increase the chances your draw plays into your favor.

I honestly don’t know if we can get to the tournament without Tre. But this game today showed his injury may be effecting his playing.
    Screaming at the tv with my dad since 2004

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xupergirl View Post
    I honestly don’t know if we can get to the tournament without Tre. But this game today showed his injury may be effecting his playing.
    I agree. There has to be something wrong. He is not able to get shots and he was earlier in the season and his shooting percentage is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Xupergirl View Post
    Getting in is a long way off BUT we WILL be in.....lost a history making chance today, to go where NO X TEAM HAS GONE BEFORE! To your point, something is not right with TB.....no other explanation for his 2nd half today. I continue to be very upset....
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-06-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Tre missing so many FTs really got you thinking about his wellbeing.

I'm worried, but you can't sit him, like stated before the seed line is important, we want to play the worst teams possible to advance, granted this year I'd take us against against just about anybody. He needs to heal up, and if that means limiting his minutes, or holding him back in practice a little do that, but to completely shut him down would be very tragic. There's still a Big East championship up for grabs, which though meaningless in the long run, would be something I want us to strive for.

This is where i disagree. 20 wins guarantees in with our conference. That plus some is a lock. I have watched the last 8 games and think sitting him till February till he gets healthy does this team a greater good. January wins dont matter only March win a count

Tre is fine. He's just played poorly for a couple weeks.

He needs to play better. Period. This team needs him to play at a high level or other guys have to elevate their games.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    This is where i disagree. 20 wins guarantees in with our conference. That plus some is a lock. I have watched the last 8 games and think sitting him till February till he gets healthy does this team a greater good. January wins dont matter only March win a count
    I'm sorry, this is ridiculous.