Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going to Milwaukee for Marquette

It is cold up there.

Taking my boys up because they demanded a road trip over break.

Staying downtown and would like to know what is the best thin crust pizza and if anyplace has a reasonable and good breakfast buffet.

Also up for any idea where I can take the kids during the day, like a museum ( they are 16 &14).

And if a good pregame bar for the game, that would be nice too.

Thanks
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Try to get the kids in their seats half way thru the second half.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Try to get the kids in their seats half way thru the second half.
    That is overrated. My kids can’t wait to go back to the Garden

You can always try a Miller Park or Miller Brewery tour.

Teens love both.

Cooley Clan will be in attendance.

"Mel" will be sporting his Xavier #81 hockey jersey.

DO say hello.

We'll be at Sobelman's on St. Paul (NOT the MU campus location) for pre-game.

Go X!
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

From a Marquette fan

Hi X fans. Marquette season ticket holder here. Yes, it's very cold here, single digit highs expected for tomorrow. I would expect the Bradley Center will be plenty warm, though. Expecting about 14,000 for the game. Enjoy your time in Milwaukee. We have a vibrant downtown. Couple options for pizza downtown ... Calderone Club and San Giorgio. Located next to each other at Kilbourn Ave. and Old World Third Street, about three blocks from the BC. For museums and related downtown ... go to the Milwaukee Art Museum located on the lakefront at the east end of Wisconsin Ave. It is housed in a real cool, modern building that is a work of art itself. Next door is Discovery World, a science museum that would appeal. Also, get to the "Third Ward," just south of downtown. That area has a lot of great restaurants, galleries, bars, and features the Milwaukee Public Market, a two-level homage to local culinary and related. There are a lot of options for pregame bars ... these are all good and within easy walking of the BC ... Buck Bradley's, Ale Asylum, Water Street Brewery, Pub Club, AJ Bombers (great burgers), Rosies. Best of luck this season. MU fans know X is a huge challenge. Our only hope is we shoot lights out from three ... which we are capable of, but not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    It is cold up there.

Taking my boys up because they demanded a road trip over break.

Staying downtown and would like to know what is the best thin crust pizza and if anyplace has a reasonable and good breakfast buffet.

Also up for any idea where I can take the kids during the day, like a museum ( they are 16 &14).

And if a good pregame bar for the game, that would be nice too.

Thanks

For Snipe and kids:
    The Harley Davidson museum would be fun and has a sports bar / restaurant attached. Don't know where the team is staying, but it was at the Pfister last year. I see something called Discovery World on the lake - science museum. And then, get the game face on ... pre-game reception 5pm, Wicked Hop.

I'm heading up from Chicago with another alum. We have two separated seats. Sec 212 Row BBB and Sec 226 Row W. We will try to sit together, but not sure how that's going to work out. PM me if you have a suggestion.

At that age they’d probably love a nice strip club with a buffet. Just a thought....

Museum? Sounds awful. Take them to some Sky Zone, Top Golf, or Scene 75 type place. Or bowling, kids that age always like bowling. Just make sure you let Garvin have his own lane.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Discovery World and Milwaukee Public Museum are both pretty good. Adults and kids can both try the Safe House, where you try to get into the place with secret codes/words/actions. It has a spy theme. Milwaukee Public Market is similar to a Findley Market but all indoors. I would also recommend Sobelmans and the Wicked Hop for burgers downtown and Solly's and Kopp's (frozen custard) up north (15 min) in Glendale. The Pizza places recommended previously are good too along with Brick 3 Pizza.

Bring me back some Spotted Cow beer please!
    Last edited by Cheesehead; 12-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Zip'em Up!

Currently at Soblemans on the MU campus. Went to the public market. I like this town.