Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

5 more Road wins?

That was a nice TRUE road win but is there 5 more to be had? This traditional BEast " Round Robin" format is a thing of beauty! Getting that 5-4 split on the road will be extremely difficult for any of the 10 teams and I think only 3 maybe 4 get there. This Marquette opener is the key game IMO, and a W will go along way in getting us to 5. Lose it and 5 gets MUCH harder because the bottom of the conference is VASTLY improved! VU, CU, SHU are just brutal venues but I am concerned that STJ, GU and this MU team are going to be a much greater challenge than in the past. Go X!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-23-2017 at 05:33 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

If we lose to Georgetown this year something has gone terribly wrong.

No doubt, but the philosophy change there has them much more confident and DePaul is much improved with the addition of Max Strus and their returning starters. Wins @ GU, DU, BU, and PC seem pretty solid....the rest are things that make you go hmmm....
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-23-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    If we lose to Georgetown this year something has gone terribly wrong.
    The computers at RealTimeRPI have X winning just 1 more road game, @DePaul, giving us only 2 BE roadkills! They have us playing .500 ball from here on out finishing 10-8 in conference. I guess that 5-4 split was a real pipedream....Man this is a brutal league! Will anyone other than Nova, have a winning road record?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-14-2018 at 02:04 AM.

X still has Butler, DePaul, Gtown, St Johns on the road. I fully expect 2 wins at minimum. But home games against Nova ans SH are going to be tough. I think 12-6 finishes 2nd in the league behind Nova.

All-Conference
    4 losses will land first place.

Sophomore
    also Creighton which will be a tough road win. After watching st johns play villanova last night nothing would surprise me going forward positively or negatively. We could beat Villanova at home and lose to St Johns on the road or even at home if not prepared. As someone who has been involved since 1970 as a player, coach and now X parent (and fanatic) the level of competition at every game is mind boggling. 30 years ago 90% of games were basically decided before the game, now it is probably 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    The computers at RealTimeRPI have X winning just 1 more road game, @DePaul, giving us only 2 BE roadkills! They have us playing .500 ball from here on out finishing 10-8 in conference. I guess that 5-4 split was a real pipedream....Man this is a brutal league! Will anyone other than Nova, have a winning road record?
    The computers at RPI forecast (which uses Jeff Sagarin's predictor) have Xavier projected to win 4 more road games. The games at St. John's, Butler, Georgetown, and DePaul projects Xavier to win each of these. The game at Seton Hall is a virtual toss up (as is the Butler game even though we are slightly favored). Not sure where you are seeing this and how 5-4 "was" a pipedream. We still have 6 road games to play and games are not won on projections, but on the actual court. Lots of things can happen between now and March.

All-Conference
    All road games will be tough. Every. Single. One.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    The computers at RPI forecast (which uses Jeff Sagarin's predictor) have Xavier projected to win 4 more road games. The games at St. John's, Butler, Georgetown, and DePaul projects Xavier to win each of these. The game at Seton Hall is a virtual toss up (as is the Butler game even though we are slightly favored). Not sure where you are seeing this and how 5-4 "was" a pipedream. We still have 6 road games to play and games are not won on projections, but on the actual court. Lots of things can happen between now and March.
    KenPom has us projected to win three more away games - SJU, DePaul, Georgetown FWIW