Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are wrong and that he does get back to his old self. I suppose just going through that, even if he "fully recovers" he will forever be changed.

I agree it is a serious issue and should be taken as such. Medical and non-medical communities have learned a lot in the past few years - and continue to gain a better understanding. Caution is a good idea.

I don't think the medical decisions are driven by the present climate, political or not. What I was expressing is that although a coach might comment on a players twisted ankle or even serious knee injury - still leaving confirmation to the medical team, such as, "We'll know better after the surgery" or We'll re-examine the situation in the next few days," when it comes to concussions, they stay away from even appearing to make such comments. I understand that this is appropriate considering the potential seriousness.

I think they are much less likely to even approach commenting on concussion issues than most other injuries. Just my opinion based on casual, non- personal or medical observation.
Thank you, and thanks for clarifying, too. Makes sense to me.