Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Q's SHOOTING

Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    all I know is that if there's a Senior version of Quentin Goodin that we're lucky enough to get to watch, we'll be watching the most dominant PG in the nation....bar none.

if he's here for all 4 years (you just never know) , he's gonna go down as one of the all-time greats here at X....guaranteed.

kid is smooth as silk and calm, cool and collected w/ the ball in his hands....in a way he kinda reminds me of a more stout Kenny Anderson from back in the day.....weird, I know.
    ugghh...no offense but they are completely different players. Anderson was a lefty wasnt he? Very fast and slender.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    ugghh...no offense but they are completely different players. Anderson was a lefty wasnt he? Very fast and slender.
    Yeah, Kenny Anderson was an all-american and had a long NBA career. He could score from anywhere on the court.

Quentin is now 1-18 from 3 this year. His understudy, Scruggs, is 2-17, making our PG's a combined 3-35 from 3. That's good for 8.5%. That has to be the worst in the nation for any 2 PG's.

Teams are now not even worried about Q shooting. They are playing 5-6 feet off him on the perimeter. DePaul was doubling our bigs immediately on a post catch. That would be a perfect time to kick out back quickly to an open shooter. Teams don't have to worry about that from our PG's.

Q is planning to sneak up on people with his shooting.

It’s part of the bigger plan. They won’t see it coming!

I hope these guys can bump it up next year the way the team did with FT shooting this year. Stay positive!
    Last edited by xu82; 12-30-2017 at 10:59 PM.

I think Q will start to knock some down. It looks like he's really being encouraged to shoot more. I just don't like when he tosses one up from 3 so early in the shot clock when we clearly have better options.

Freshman
    Q is shooting 50& on 2 PT FG & around 90% on FT. He needs to knock down a few 3's to gain confidence there. It will come

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Quentin is now 1-18 from 3 this year. His understudy, Scruggs, is 2-17, making our PG's a combined 3-35 from 3. That's good for 8.5%. That has to be the worst in the nation for any 2 PG's.

Teams are now not even worried about Q shooting. They are playing 5-6 feet off him on the perimeter. DePaul was doubling our bigs immediately on a post catch. That would be a perfect time to kick out back quickly to an open shooter. Teams don't have to worry about that from our PG's.
    His improvement in free throw shooting form would lead me to not give up hope yet with his outside shot. I would love to watch a practice to see how he does then. At the end of the game X was actually using JP at the point with Quentin underneath to give them a threat at the top of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    His improvement in free throw shooting form would lead me to not give up hope yet with his outside shot. I would love to watch a practice to see how he does then. At the end of the game X was actually using JP at the point with Quentin underneath to give them a threat at the top of the key.
    He will never be a good 3 pt shooter, but with some confidence and knocking a few down, I think he can make 30% of them which is respectable

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Teams are now not even worried about Q shooting. They are playing 5-6 feet off him on the perimeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Q is planning to sneak up on people with his shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    It’s part of the bigger plan. They won’t see it coming!
    Just as Stephen Curry revolutionized professional basketball, Quentin Goodin is going to revolutionize college basketball...............by shooting three-pointers underhand.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."