Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Q's SHOOTING

Yeah, and I am sure no one has to tell him it's not helpful. He must be unconscious in practice or something because he is noticeably brimming with confidence from out there. He needs to start mixing in a little head fake and then drive the lane.......good things will happen!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-29-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Anytime he drives he either scores, gets fouled, or kicks it out for an easy bucket. He needs to start doing that all of the time instead of trying to shoot threes when he has someone in his face
    "We went out there and zipped 'em up at the end of the game. That's our motto zip 'em up."

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Musketeers View Post
    Anytime he drives he either scores, gets fouled, or kicks it out for an easy bucket. He needs to start doing that all of the time instead of trying to shoot threes when he has someone in his face
    Our offense runs so much better when the PG drives the lane dishes the ball out to the wing or to a wide open post player. It also tends to create foul trouble for the other team. I can't understand why they get away from it.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

In my opinion, he won’t get those driving lanes if he doesn’t hit some occasional 3s. I think he does need to shoot them more in the flow of the offense, though.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

He will get driving lanes as long as we have guys that are hitting threes. His ability to hit a three forces his defender to play tighter which makes it easier for him to use his speed to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    He will get driving lanes as long as we have guys that are hitting threes. His ability to hit a three forces his defender to play tighter which makes it easier for him to use his speed to get around.
    Nice post

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    ... His ability to hit a three forces his defender to play tighter which makes it easier for him to use his speed to get around.
    Which was my point.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

I guess that 1-10 effort on Saturday made him sick.....Q missed practice Monday due to illness....
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-04-2018 at 02:32 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club