Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Q's SHOOTING

I was down on Q earlier for his shooting, but he has really started to knock down some three's in conference play. In BE games, he's shooting 11-25 from three!

So glad we got him for another couple of years.

@LanceMcAlister

Goodin last 5 games
    22 of 40 (.550)
    9 of 14 3PT (.643)
    61 points (12.2)
    18 assists
    #Xavier
    2023 Sweet 16

Freshman
    All the excitement and discussion about the call at the end but major props to Q for actually staying cool and knocking them down!! Was a 1-1 if I remember correctly and the place seemed hostile after the whistle so those were no gimmes. Just ask UVA!!

Also, in Mack I trust!! The criticism on Q's three point shooting was justified after starting the year 3/26 but since then he's gone 9/14 and I have to respect Mack for not pulling the plug on shooting what was there.

Your PG NEEDS to be able to hit FT’s at a reliable rate. My game recording ended with 4.6 seconds left (yes, there was some foul language), but thanks to our wonderful community I caught the end.....and that was clutch stuff!

Q said in the postgame that he credits Kaiser for helping him with his shot in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Q said in the postgame that he credits Kaiser for helping him with his shot in practice.
    That makes me like Kaiser even more! I spent some time with his parents in Orlando last March and they are awesome people.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Your PG NEEDS to be able to hit FT’s at a reliable rate. My game recording ended with 4.6 seconds left (yes, there was some foul language), but thanks to our wonderful community I caught the end.....and that was clutch stuff!
    I agree 100% on needing to be able to hit FTs which for years seems to have been a struggle. Still have nightmares about the whole Oden/Cage thing (please dont ban me for mentioning it) but this team's ability to be consistent from the line and close out games is a huge advantage come tourney time I'm not used to seeing. Unless Tyrique is in for some reason there is nobody who I would not feel confident in!

Sophomore
    So easy to forget Q is a SOPHOMORE. He's been such a steady hand at PG and if he continues to shoot like this, very few teams will be able to beat us.

MARKCHAL,,,, you are right, Sophomore.

I'd love for one of our numbers happy friends here to put together a comparison on what Q has accomplished in his 2 seasons, to our previous PG's.
    Lets see how he stacks up vs, Dee, Lionel and others.

When Q made his debut last season, and was then tossed to the wolves after Ed's injury, I thought we were looking at the onset of what could be the best point in program history, to me so far this year he has done nothing but bolster that.
    Speed, agility, attitude, strength, and now the knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    That makes me like Kaiser even more! I spent some time with his parents in Orlando last March and they are awesome people.
    Now I'd like to see Kaiser get his shot back. He is sliding into obscurity.