Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Q's SHOOTING

Q is really feeling it- not just shooting it better from behind the arch, but he's finishing like a man at the rim. What a stud.

He and Naji and Scruggs have really taken their game to the next level and are gaining more and more confidence each game. They are playing with some serious swagger. A beautiful-beautiful thing to see as they are the future. We're gonna have some great leaders over the next couple of years.

It's even more special seeing them play the way they are at this point of the season... with the BE regular season title on the line and the BE and NCAA tournament coming up.

I love this team!!!!
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-15-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Q is really feeling it- not just shooting it better from behind the arch but he is finishing like a man at the rim. What a stud. He has really taken his game to the next level and (Naji and Scruggs) are gaining more and more confidence each game. They are playing with some serious swagger. A beautiful- beautiful thing to see as they are the future.

These guys are goong to be some great leaders over the next couple of years... and it is even more special seeing them feeling it at this point of the season... with the BE regular season title on the line and the BE and NCAA tournament coming up.

I love this team!!!!
    You notice that once SHU pulled within 10 points under three minutes to go I know we had Naji and Scruggs in and I think Q as well all at the same time?

I believe Goodin and Naji were in at that point but not Scruggs.

One thing for sure is that those three played very well yesterday and they make X much quicker on offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Muskie View Post
    Simply adding that extra scoring dimension to a team that was already deep and balanced offensively makes Xavier damn near impossible to defend. Opponents can only hope for a night when our jump shooters are misfiring. X legitimately has 9 guys who can score with regularity on any given night.

Nine guys?

Nine guys.
    The superb thing is that CMack is putting the 2 frosh on the floor for our best defensive team. The offense/defense subs at the end of games has been a secret reason why we've won the close ones. Not often that Freshman buy in to your defensive Philosphy so quickly.

Also, will we ever play a 1-3-1 again? (Thread hijack in process)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The superb thing is that CMack is putting the 2 frosh on the floor for our best defensive team. The offense/defense subs at the end of games has been a secret reason why we've won the close ones. Not often that Freshman buy in to your defensive Philosphy so quickly.

Also, will we ever play a 1-3-1 again? (Thread hijack in process)
    Naji and Scruggs get it done on the defensive end, and with those two playing like grown men, ala exactly what we expected pre-season out of them, Mack feels comfortable with them, and honestly, I feel comfortable with them too, we're winning close ones because everybody knows their role and how to contribute. I'm very pleased at the progression of these guys throughout the season.

As for the 1-3-1, who knows, maybe throw it in as a wrinkle in the tournament, but we haven't really needed it much. Seems like we get the stops when it matters without it.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Quentin is now 1-18 from 3 this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Q is planning to sneak up on people with his shooting.
    Imagine if he didn’t start 1-18. His shooting % might be worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Imagine if he didn’t start 1-18. His shooting % might be worse!
    HUH??? Worse?

If Kaiser really helped him learn to shoot, that could be his biggest contribution of the year. And I LOVE Kaiser! You just can’t back all the way of Q anymore with impunity.

Quentin Goodin is an emerged force. Go ahead and gameplan to shut down Bluiett and Macura.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Time to dust off this thread as it most certainly be a hot topic going forward. I get the feel that Q and Paul will eventually assume the traditional PG/SG dynamic. Paul has quietly impressed from distance at nearly 40%. KK has also shown some success in that area, so he makes a nice backup SG. Goodins 8 dimes last night is what we need from him. He is a sneaky good scorer if he concentrates on facilitating instead of forcing all those deep 3's. I fully expect him to settle in to running the show and notching a string of 7-10 assist games heading into BEast play. Guy is a stud!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-29-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Time to dust off this thread as it most certainly be a hot topic going forward. I get the feel that Q and Paul will eventually assume the traditional PG/SG dynamic. Paul has quietly impressed from distance at nearly 40%. KK has also shown some success in that area, so he makes a nice backup SG. Goodins 8 dimes last night is what we need from him. He is a sneaky good scorer if he concentrates on facilitating instead of forcing all those deep 3's. I fully expect him to settle in to running the show and notching a string of 7-10 assist games heading into BEast play. Guy is a stud!!
    1-2 attempts a game from 3 is quite ok, particularly if they come in the flow of the offense or are needed at the end of the shot clock.

Q chucking them up early (in the first 5-10 second of the shot clock) is NOT what this team needs from him