Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Q's SHOOTING

Q's SHOOTING

https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/...tball-i-love-q

I know it is his ball handling and distribution that will mainly determine Goodin's effectiveness as our PG and with scorers elsewhere on the team his PPG is not as important....at least not this year....

The stats seem to point out that his shooting is not terrible and his 3-pt attempts come to less than 1 a game, but it is his 90% from the line is what makes his less than stellar shooting not as problematic as it might seem.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Note to Banners on the Parkway- I wish you would post your articles on this board. Good stuff.

I think it's evident that Q has been a major piece of this offense, look at how much smoother the offense runs with him in, he knows he don't need him to score millions of points, he makes great decisions with the ball, and has been finishing better as of late. But I agree, 90% at the line for someone with his style of play is a recipe for success.

His 3 point shots are only a foot off. Patience.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I'm against it.

Honest question.

Anybody want to give back Q for Kobi Simmons? I don’t.

There was a lot of flotsam and jetsam on this board after we gave up on Kobi and signed Q. I wasn’t. We have a PROGRAM that is based upon chemistry and continuation. Q fits this perfectly.

Meanwhile Simmons played 1 year at Arizona, left and is now in the Memphis D league org.

#InChrisMackITrust
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 12-15-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Honest question.

Anybody want to give back Q for Kobi Simmons? I don’t.

There was a lot of flotsam and jetsam on this board after we gave up on Kobi and signed Q. I wasn’t. We have a PROGRAM that is based upon chemistry and continuation. Q fits this perfectly.

Meanwhile Simmons played 1 year at Arizona, left and is now in the Memphis D league org.

#InChrisMackITrust
    I feel really strongly that recruiting one and dones is a waste of time for this program for this reason. If we had landed Kobi Simmons we probably don’t make the Elite last year and we’re probably starting Scruggs at PG.

While both are ideal, I’d prefer a great FT shooter over a decent 3 point shooter in my PG. (That’s especially true for someone who attacks the rim the way he does.) It just kills me when we are trying to close out a game and we struggle from the line!

In spite of possible lackluster shooting, Q is doing a tremendous job distributing the ball and is doing fine taking care of the ball. We are not where we are if he wasn't doing this thing well. I actually think next year we will see more of Q and Scruggs simultaneously and think Q will score more in that scenario.

Sophomore
    He's the perfect PG for this team. Can break down his man, collapse a D and kick it to Kaiser/Tre/JP. Decent defender (I remember him getting back on a few plays last year with some monster rejections), good handle, very athletic. I'll worry about next season in April.