Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Welcome back!!

Conference time will be a serious test. There will be more ups and downs, but I Love this team!

Man, the starters had an off day! Stating the obvious, but it's a good thing the bench is loaded. Playing somewhat shorthanded here are the numbers for the starters:

13 for 49 (27%), 5 for 22 from 3 (23%) and 5 for 7 from the line (71%)--36 total points.

The three players off bench (Kanter, O'Mara, Marshall):

12 for 17 (71%), 3 for 4 from 3 (75%) and 5 for 5 from the line (100%)--32 total points.

Good thing this team is deep. We've been talking about it, but they REALLY showed it yesterday!
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

All-Conference
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I hope there is strong love for O'Mara. He saved the game multiple times with timely blocks and rebounds. We lose that game without him and Naji.

I'm glad we played zone in the second half, but damn, what took so long? It was obvious we were in trouble early because we couldn't guard their quickness and playmaking ability. These are the type of matchups that will destroy a great season early in the tournament. Swallow your pride and zone up earlier against these type of teams.

St Johns will be like this too.

[QUOTE=drudy23;603813]I haven't read the whole thread, but I hope there is strong love for O'Mara. He saved the game multiple times with timely blocks and rebounds. We lose that game without him and Naji.

I'm glad we played zone in the second half, but damn, what took so long? It was obvious we were in trouble early because we couldn't guard their quickness and playmaking ability. These are the type of matchups that will destroy a great season early in the tournament. Swallow your pride and zone up earlier against these type of teams.

St Johns will be like this too.[/QUOTE

I said it many times yesterday, reminded me of ASU game.....

O’Mara was huge yesterday. Great game for the senior. Mack did say in the post game radio bit with Joe and Byron that we’re going to struggle all year against small, quick guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Credit to Mack for scheduling this game - if this type of team that gives us fits, its better to figure out the plan in December instead of losing in the second round in March.

Between the guard play and Peter Jurkin being allowed to roam the paint, it wasn't surprising that Xavier had a tough time yesterday. I've not read through the entire thread, but Jurkin was once a prized "project" recruit of Tom Crean at Indiana. I was very surprised at how much Jurkin and Jones were allowed to push and pull on each other.

X looked somewhat better in the second half. But it was still a tough test.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    the refs were a little lazy(I DVRd game and it was much shorter than 2 hrs..normally I have to extend it) and did not call anything. It helped us as we had THREE fouls to give at the end which I have never seen in a close game. J.P. is a slasher and opportunity scorer but he needs to find a way to punish smaller guards who give him fits. His shooting form/motion does not seem to allow him to back in to a spot and rise ala Walt Frazier. Just my 2 cents.

[QUOTE=bleedXblue;603814]
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I hope there is strong love for O'Mara. He saved the game multiple times with timely blocks and rebounds. We lose that game without him and Naji.

St Johns will be like this too.[/QUOTE

I said it many times yesterday, reminded me of ASU game.....
    And the result would've been the same as the ASU game had ETSU kept the foot on the pedal and not tried take the air out of ball with 11 minutes left.

[QUOTE=mid major;603824]
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

And the result would've been the same as the ASU game had ETSU kept the foot on the pedal and not tried take the air out of ball with 11 minutes left.
    I think the 1-3-1 affected their pace. The two smaller guards were having difficulty finding their way around Naji and getting into the lane. Not saying they didn't intend to slow up some, but they clearly had trouble finding answers to that zone.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage