Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Stainbrook wasn't much of a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Wanted to be able to finish his degree and still have two more years to play at a bigger basketball program.
    Two years to play and get his masters paid for. Seems that academics is very important to him.

On a side note... some of you that are of a certain age might see Evan’s name and wonder where you’ve seen it before...

You might recall a certain “blue chip” recruit that played for coach Pete Bell and the Western University Dolphins in the early 90s. His name was Neon Bourdeaux. My sources are confirming they are NOT related.

Probably a good thing. If I recall, Western was put under some pretty harsh sanctions after Neon’s tenure.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Two years to play and get his masters paid for. Seems that academics is very important to him.
    well, he's at Dartmouth......

Plus his Mom is one of the most powerful women in business. She was a bigwig at UNited HC & now the CEO at Anthem.

I can here the folks in the major gifts - development office, fighting each other and running into their boss and yelling "She's Mine"!

Big Cheese !!!
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Delkus View Post
    Plus his Mom is one of the most powerful women in business. She was a bigwig at UNited HC & now the CEO at Anthem.

I can here the folks in the major gifts - development office, fighting each other and running into their boss and yelling "She's Mine"!

Big Cheese !!!
    Too bad we couldn't get Julia Louis-Dreyfus's kid to walk-on at Xavier. Would be nice for Xavier to get its hands on some of that Louis Dreyfus cash!

I read that he will practice with the team all summer. That should help his game readiness!

X has had a few players that sat out a year, and were unable to practice with the team during that year, have they not? Yet those players turned into very productive players pretty quickly. I’m not overly concerned that EB will not be ready to go from day one. He already has a pretty good idea of what it takes to be a successful college player, and he is not going to be asked to be the star player for the team next year. He can concentrate on being a rebounder and a complementary scorer, along with being a interior defender. He would appear to be a solid addition that should be able to contribute from day 1.

Sophomore
    Because I live in Conn (with 2 X students)I saw him play vs the Yale team that beat Baylor and took Duke to the wire in 2016. Yale had an A-10 calibre front line of Justin Sears and Brandon Sherrod(both had high teens against Baylor and Duke) and he held his own. Yale needed the game to avoid an Ivy playoff and he annoyed the hell out of Yale on their senior day. I looked it up and he had 10 p 7 reb in low scoring game but yale was unusually athletic for Ivy league that year.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    That's insulting to Yale to compare them to A-10 teams this year.