Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    I still believe. muskiefan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,685

    Congrats to the women's team on winning the other Crosstown Shootout

    Not as dominating a performance, but any won over UC is welcome.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

  2. #2
    Senior Cheesehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, Ohio
    Posts
    6,036
    I was there today. Kinda of an ugly game. I do not understand what X is doing on offense, as they all stand around the perimeter and throw it around and then someone takes a long jump shot or a three as the shot clock expires.

    UC couldn't shoot very well and X made some threes. It's a W though.
    Zip'em Up!

  3. #3
    Administrator Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12,092
    Four in a row for the ladies in the Crosstown.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

    Follow XH on Twitter

    Follow XH on Facebook

  4. #4
    Sophomore Lamont Sanford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The freaking 'Nati
    Posts
    1,654
    Beating UC is always a good thing. I don't care what sport it is...hoops, baseball, tennis, synchronized swimming, jarts, or Mick/midget tossing.

    fUCk.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

  5. #5
    Supporting Member WCWIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naperville IL
    Posts
    852
    Way to finish ... it was pretty close all four quarters with some UC momentum towards the end. But a couple nice plays down the stretch for Kendell Fincher. Congrats to seniors Jada Byrd (who did not play due to concussion, but will be back) and Anniina Ăijănem with four straight W's vs UC.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I was there today. Kinda of an ugly game. I do not understand what X is doing on offense, as they all stand around the perimeter and throw it around and then someone takes a long jump shot or a three as the shot clock expires.

    UC couldn't shoot very well and X made some threes. It's a W though.
    Did the UC women's coach try to fight any of the X players after the game?

  7. #7
    Supporting Member WCWIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naperville IL
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Did the UC women's coach try to fight any of the X players after the game?
    Naw ... their coach was pretty animated and a well decorated former UConn player, but professional throughout. Fans were given Xaver > UC tee-shirts.

    The women play for a trophy and the UC team graciously had to return to their bench after going into the locker room area to watch the presentation to Xavier. Can you imagine how that would have turned out in the men's game?

    In short (!), it's mainly just Mick.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    25,473
    So how are the ladies looking this year? From Just browsing the early results, it doesn't appear particularly promising.

  9. #9
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    150
    Coach started 4 frosh and 1 senior they looked pretty good. Subed a lot; but they all looked good and put on a good show. I think coach has some talent on this team.

  10. #10
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    11,033
    Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Naw ... their coach was pretty animated and a well decorated former UConn player, but professional throughout. Fans were given Xaver > UC tee-shirts.

    The women play for a trophy and the UC team graciously had to return to their bench after going into the locker room area to watch the presentation to Xavier. Can you imagine how that would have turned out in the men's game?

    In short (!), it's mainly just Mick.
    I don't think opposing teams should be made to return to the court for presentations like this, but I'd make an exception for Mick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •