Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Xavier vs. Colorado Game Thread (December 9, 2017)

#13 Xavier Musketeers (8-1, 0-0) vs. Colorado Buffaloes (7-1, 0-0)

Time: 5:00 p.m.

Cintas Center | Cincinnati, Ohio

TV: FS1

Radio: 55 KRC Listen Live

Live Chat

Live Stats

GoXavier Preview

Full Game Notes

CBS Sports Preview

*check back for more links and articles

Last edited by American X; 12-08-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Anybody know why we haven't tipped? Just finished some finals and wanna watch X while I'm laying in bed.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it's Saturday, I saw 8th and assumed today.

You have to be extra careful when a mod puts a thread up.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Anybody know why we haven't tipped? Just finished some finals and wanna watch X while I'm laying in bed.

Thought maybe the CU players dropped off some goodies for you.
    2023 Sweet 16

Looks like Colorado is another team that really has played a soft schedule so far. Probably their best win to date was a 9 point win over Mercer, most of their schedule has been against teams that are at or below .500 right now. Let the revenge tour continue!
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    Looks like Colorado is another team that really has played a soft schedule so far. Probably their best win to date was a 9 point win over Mercer, most of their schedule has been against teams that are at or below .500 right now. Let the revenge tour continue!
    We happened to watch the Arizona game at a bar in Vail last March. A group of guys wearing Colorado gear at the next table repeatedly asked me “how the F&%$ did you guys lose to us?” It was difficult to explain...

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post

You're probably so high you do not even know what day it is. Good stuff, must have got it from a Jamaican.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Here are some quotes I pulled from one of the Colorado message boards. Their discussion takes a different approach than what we're accustomed to reading from our rivals of yore, and makes for some entertaining light reading over a hot cup of java.

Going to learn a whole lot about this team on Saturday.

Saturday is feeding the Christians to the lions. The Buffs are going to walk into a buzzsaw.

Yea... Tad needs to make sure no one gets broken. Xavier is going to do terrible things to us.

Yeah, some players/teams fold after taking a beating, so we'll see what kind of players we have after the Xavier game. Xavier should be a great learning experience for our talented freshman. They'll see first hand what it takes to be top 15 in the nation. I'm a big supporter of having a young team face better teams, so they can mold themselves into competing against those teams. Hopefully this game turns into an experience that makes them tougher when conference season rolls around.

I have no idea who's going to guard Blueitt. None.

In general I prefer to be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed, so expecting a blowout is good strategy. I can’t see a Buff win but keeping it within 10-15 points is reasonable if Xavier slacks and our game is “on.”

I'm not an expert at hoops by any means, but I saw Xavier just barely get by a really shjtty Wisconsin team a few weeks ago. Why is Allbuffs so certain they're going to destroy the Buffs?

@hokiehead - you mentioned in the other thread that they barely beat a "bad Wisconsin" team. Counter to that is that it was very early in the season and that it was in Wisconsin. On top of that, I'm not as down on 'Scansin as you are - they've lost to the #3, #13, #24, #42, #43 and #58 KenPom teams. Yeah, their only impressive win is at Penn State, but it's not like they played our schedule.

Honestly, I can't figure out any way the Buffs win short of Xavier just completely overlooking us and letting the wheels fall off. But I've been wrong before, many many times, so hopefully I will be again this time. Like I said, my goal is for the team to get a good learning experience and not get "Kansas'd". Let the freshmen see what big time ball is like prior to conference play. And hopefully no one on our coaching staff gets into it with JP Macura after the game.
    It's winning time.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Muskie View Post

Yea... Tad needs to make sure no one gets broken. Xavier is going to do terrible things to us.
    This made me laugh out loud (or as you kids would say - LOL)

Thanks MM
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    You're probably so high you do not even know what day it is. Good stuff, must have got it from a Jamaican.
    ...I HAVE TO WRITE NATIONAL BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS EXAMS ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY, I'M NOT A DEGENERATE LIKE YOU, LEARN HOW TO WRITE DATES PROPERLY DAMNIT. But whatever, legalize it, am I right?