Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A few years ago, I wrote many times that I thought that CMack was being badly served by his assistants on the bench. Guys like Bino Ranson did little to help for in-game strategy. With Luke and better experience for Travis and Mike Pegues, this staff has it together.

You gotta pay to keep a good staff and X has stepped up. Good stuff.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Great article and good news wth our awesome coaches/recruiters.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan09 View Post
    the '09 team was probably the best defensive team. The statistics support it, and then you have to think of that lineup: Jackson, raymond, anderson, brown, and love. Four really good defenders and a guy (raymond) who was at least okay on the ball, knew the system, and had length and strength. that's all you can say about your worst starter when the other four are great. Also, tu, frease, and mclean were coming off the bench, which is a good defensive bench.

What held that team back from being an elite offensive team was most obviously point guard, followed by a lack of shooting around c.j. Anderson as an alternative creator.

Sent from my sm-n920v using tapatalk
    Call BJ Raymond the worst starter on the 2009 team again & see what happens!
    Last edited by Blue Blooded-05; 12-08-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    Call bj raymond the worst starter on the 2009 team again & see what happens!
    Defensively...We're talking about defense. And he was the worst defender of the starters.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's going to be fun to measure this team, 18, 16, 08 and 04.

This team offensively is the best I've seen. I think this team is also the best coached team Xavier has ever had.

Mack is definitely a top 10 coach, and his 3 assistants are about as good as you can get. Combine that with the best offensive team in Xavier history and a team that can get after it on the glass and I'm gonna strap myself in.

Q is the ultimate point guard for this team.
    He's got a plethora of shooters (Tre, JP, Kaiser, Kanter)
    Big men who understand their roles (Sean, Riq, Kanter, Kaiser)
    A CJ Anderson clone (Naji) off the bench who can get to the rim at will.
    And a wildcard in Scruggs who is still learning and hopefully will turn the corner offensively as the year progresses
    Obviously defense is going to be the key to making a deep run this year.

Beat Colorado!!!