Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Gotta have a KANTER thread!

Wow.....is this going to be reality going forward? If so, there is no defending us. What an amazing back to back performance. I was hoping he could give us close to Gaston numbers, but this kinda production is almost hard to believe. Can you say BE 6th man of the year? My family appeared concerned as I spontaneously broke out in laughter all evening.....
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-07-2017 at 03:37 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Gotta wait and see what he does against some GOOD compition......and yes, that is a shot at UC’s bigs.

But seriously folks, Kanter has become a very very pleasant surprise. The 3-headed monster of Tysomter can really play
    some ball.

I’ve also noticed that there are more occasions where they are using 2 of the 3 on the floor at the same time, and along with Gates it gives them a very solid frontline rotation. Especially with the ability of Kanter and Gates to step out and hit 3point shots it takes away the other teams ability to double team the post.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 12-07-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Freshman
    And RaShid Gaston was in the house last night!

Sophomore
    He had 9 against Baylor's frontcourt too- they're pretty good

I mean to be fair, Kerem is the king of garbage time production. I feel like he scored about 16 of his 20 in the last 5 minutes. That being said, he's been much better than I expected on both sides of the ball so far. If he can continue to progress in his team defense and see a few more threes fall, he adds so much to this team.

Sophomore
    he actually has a decent handle, which is one thing I wasn't expecting from him. Very pleased with the bigs (especially the FT shooting). I feel better about our bigs going to the line than I do our point guards.

Crafty enough footwork to get himself into scoring positions, obviously we want to see how that plays out in the Big East and over the course of the season, but incredibly surprised, and happy for now. Especially if he can knock down the 3s too, our front court has improved with his addition.

Sophomore
    One thing I think is really refreshing is how well all three of them finish. There have been years where our guards have broken down defenses and dumped off passes to a big only to have them miss point-blank layups or fumble away the pass. All three have done a really good job finishing this year and taking advantage of those plays. That's a big reason our shooting percentage is so high.

This guy is gold to have him in reserve. Most teams would love to have him coming off the bench like X does. Another great decision by the coaching staff to attract him to X.
    six foot four & a soph-O-more...

My Gawd people. No posts on this thread for over a month? A month in which this guy Kerem has become, arguably, Xavier's most valuable player? No one posts on here after last night's performance?

The dude is our Swiss Army Knife. Scores, shoots outside well, rebounds, boxes out, plays good positional defense, passes well, makes teammates better. What the hell more do you want?

Look, I love what both Sean and Tyrique bring to the table, but Kerem adds a huge extra dimension and has earned his starting spot.

All hail the Turkish Prince!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell