Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MBB: Kent State Golden Flashes v. Xavier Musketeers (12/6/2017)

VS

Kent State Golden Flashes (5-3, 0-0 MAC) v #13/14 Xavier University Musketeers (7-1, 0-0 BE)
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 7:00 pm ET
    Cintas Center (10,224), Cincinnati, Ohio

Notes

Live Chat

Television: FOX Sports 1 with Justin Kutcher (play-by-play), Steve Lavin (analyst)

Radio: 700 WLW-AM (and iHeartRadio), play-by-play from Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis by Byron Larkin (`88).
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I'm studying for finals but just looked at the box score with 8 minutes left, Trevon with 26, and O'Mara, Kanter, and Tyrique combined for 35. Man, if we get that type of production out of them, we're most likely going to beat whoever the hell we are facing.

The gray uniform makes it really hard to distinguish between the teams on FS1. Hopefully it is better in person. Team looks great.

Unbelievable FT shooting (96%) by X.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkopolis View Post
    The gray uniform makes it really hard to distinguish between the teams on FS1. Hopefully it is better in person. Team looks great.
    Agreed.

Was kinda surprised Elias didn’t enter the game until about 10 minutes left.. was hoping he could get some more minutes tonight. Other than that it was a great game coming off a big week.

The three headed Center position went for 47 pts on 18 of 24 shooting tonight. 11 for 11 on Free Throw Line. 13 boards.

That'll work.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    Was kinda surprised Elias didn’t enter the game until about 10 minutes left.. was hoping he could get some more minutes tonight. Other than that it was a great game coming off a big week.
    I wonder if that’s a message to him to get his D up to speed? Earn the minutes in practice?

Yeah I was glad he got a basket but he doesn’t look all that engaged. Hope he sticks around or we’ll be pretty thin next year.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I wonder if that’s a message to him to get his D up to speed? Earn the minutes in practice?
    Isn’t that the message to everyone?

Many are called, but few are chosen. :)

The team looked good overall. Was some sloppy play in the 2nd half, but overall not much to complain about.