Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ball Withdraws Son from UCLA

Link

According to a report from TMZ, LaVar Ball has withdrawn LiAngelo Ball from UCLA.
    LiAngelo was, obviously, one of the three UCLA players that was arrested in China for allegedly shoplifting from three high-end retail stores. The TMZ report states that LaVar is upset with UCLA for the punishment that they have handed down, quoting people close to LaVar as saying, “There’s no need to break down a kid’s spirit for making a mistake.” LiAngelo had been suspended from the program since the incident.
    LiAngelo never played a game for UCLA, and with LaMelo Ball – the youngest of the three Ball brothers – having been pulled out of Chino Hills High School by LaVar, it seemed clear that he was never going to end up at UCLA, either.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

He was on a show yesterday and basically said that the ONLY reason his kids went to school was to play basketball, and since they weren’t letting him play basketball he couldn’t see any reason for him to be in school.

He comes across as a real nutcase and someone that wants to totally run his kids lives.

Junior
    So, who’s gonna be desperate enough to bring this family aboard? I’m thinking usc needs a boost.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    So, who’s gonna be desperate enough to bring this family aboard? I’m thinking usc needs a boost.
    No.......one.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xugrad80 View Post

he comes across as a real nutcase and someone that wants to totally run his products lives.
    ftfy
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

How about Grand Canyon? For profit university with Thunder Dan as the coach that's been trying to get publicity for its program. They'd let the Balls do whatever they want.

Ball State?
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Ball State?

Too Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    No.......one.
    I really don't think the youngest one is that great either, I mean granted he's young, and maybe I'm just being crazy, like he's good, but I don't see him being better than Lonzo. As a university, you'd have to really be willing to put up with antics, no small market university would wanna do that.

Grand Canyon University is located in Phoenix.....certainly not a small market

But I don’t think that those two kids are going to end up in ANY school. I’m gonna bet that the old man starts some kind of “basketball camp/academy” and uses them to promote it. He will probably suck in some other kids that have 0 interest in actual school and just want to play basketball, and then he will take them around d the country playing whomever will play them....for money, of course.

I feel sorry for the kids.....:(