Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Legends Walk Among Us

Wednesday evening, Trevon Bluiett, J.P. Macura and Sean O’Mara take the floor at the Cintas Center for the final time.

Jonathan Paul ‘J.P.’ Macura (aka Myles Fox Morrissey, aka JPMFMMFM)

The attitude, the fire, the passion…..the Thunderdunks, the SoulCrushers……a player unlike any other to wear the Xavier uniform.

J.P. could have gone to any number of other schools and been the star of the show, putting up a gillion shots. Instead, he chose Xavier and chose to be part of great TEAMS.

He is sui generis on the basketball floor, not to mention the master of the social media troll. A guy who gets into opponents’ heads like a demon spirit, gets under their skin like an incurable rash.

In March of 2017. J.P. showed his mettle during his finest hour. Decimated by injuries and on the brink of not making the tournament, he elevated his game and elevated his team - a true team player.

Although he is absolutely still J.P. “You miss 100% of the shots you do not take” Macura, he evolved over his career into one of the best all-around players to ever suit up for Xavier. Simply, a Legend.

Out of the mists of Glen Ellyn comes a man, a mountain of a man, a man of many names – The Quiet Man, Irish, Big Irish, Big Sean, Sean O’Marruh…….or simply Mr. Sean O’Mara. A paragon of the four year player who improved every year, the backbone of the Xavier program, true heir to Jason Love and James Farr.

When his team was desperate last March for a win in Madison Square Garden, Sean put them on his back on the path to victory. Then in San Jose the shot of a lifetime - the High-Low Bluiett to O’Mara for the biggest win in Xavier history (yet). Now as a senior, locked in and loaded for bear, punishing frontcourts, playing the best basketball of his life, going out as a champion, going out as a Legend.

What more can a person say about Trevon Bluiett? After switching from UCLA to Xavier (best decision ever), he arrived with a nice jump shot and a little soft on the edges. All he did from there was work at getting better and better to become the best scorer in a Xavier uniform most of us have ever seen.

Over four years, an endless stream of huge shots and huge games. We are witness to greatness. Tre2K whose number will hang in the Cintas Center one day. Yeah, Trevor Bullet, that kid’s good…Legend good.

Now this season, the type of season we have long dreamed about. A season of firsts – highest ranking ever, a Big East championship, the first #1 seed in program history, maybe another first in March, maybe another first in April.

Bluiett, Macura & O’Mara depart as the most accomplished players in Xavier history - highest rankings ever, highest seeds ever, four NCAA Tournaments appearances, a Sweet Sixteen, an Elite Eight and more to come. They live forever in lore as the ones who took us from hopes of one day making it to champions of the Big East conference. These three are the first Xavier players to play their entire career in the Big East. Little did we know four years ago, that Bluiett & Macura would leave as the all-time highest scoring duo in Xavier history.

Legends of March - they wrote the script of March 2017. Literally from the ashes, from the depths of despair, through the most improbable of runs, to the Best Win In Xavier History (yet). Now comes one more chance to write history in March.

Farewell and thank you for four incredible years.

ALL HAIL SENIOR J.P. MACURA!

ALL HAIL SENIOR SEAN O’MARA!

ALL HAIL SENIOR TREVON BLUIETT!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Well done sir!

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Yes-Yes. Cheers to our senior THREE MUSKETEERS!!! You have all made us fans proud and helped the Xavier program continue to rise even higher.

And cheers to our 4th Musketeer taking the court for the last time - Kerem Kanter.

Well done fellas... Looking forward to seeing your best basketball yet in the days and weeks to come.

Sophomore
    This is a great piece of writing and I think at age 62 with 2 girls at X I have a little skin in the game I have a tear in my eye. Thanks for mentioning Kanter for like Bernard and Gaston (who held the fort when NOTHING going right) they are a part of the legend. I defend X proudly in Connecticut to the hoop crowd and appreciate their efforts (as well as the underclassmen) and the coaches especially Coach Mack. This is the way I was taught to play and watch..fundamentals, humility, every game a new game(love the 4 minute war) and it is nice to see a team without world class athletes getting it done. Praying for a final 4

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Yes-Yes. Cheers to our senior THREE MUSKETEERS!!! You have all made us fans proud and helped the Xavier program continue to rise even higher.

And cheers to our 4th Musketeer taking the court for the last time - Kerem Kanter.

Well done fellas... Looking forward to seeing your best basketball yet in the days and weeks to come.
    grad transfers have been pivotal the last few years. let's not forget to give kanter his props. we all thought he would be an insurance policy in the event of a frontcourt injury. he's been the best player on the floor on either team in 5 games.

just like Malcolm Bernard was a Myles Davis insurance policy. Ended up playing 28 MPG, and shooting 39% from 3 despite all signs pointing to the fact that he couldn't shoot at all. People get wrapped in Big Sean's game winner, but Bernard's corner 3 after we fell down by 7 with about 2 minutes left might have been the play of the game.

Sophomore
    I have only watched that youtube 1000 times and you are correct. The thing never in the highlights is Tre hitting 2 foul shots after an over the back on Markeennen. It was 130 AM in Conn and I was getting texts from my 60+ hoop friends each play. How can X top that this year(we all know how..but to start lets make it a senior night to remember!).

well said!! cant wait for March! LETS GO X!!

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    well said!! cant wait for March! LETS GO X!!
    How about a little April Love as Pat Boone sang back in the day. A little April Reign as Champs. Isn't Reds Opening Day the same day as the Finals?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Wednesday evening, Trevon Bluiett, J.P. Macura and Sean O’Mara take the floor at the Cintas Center for the final time.

Jonathan Paul ‘J.P.’ Macura (aka Myles Fox Morrissey, aka JPMFMMFM)

The attitude, the fire, the passion…..the Thunderdunks, the SoulCrushers……a player unlike any other to wear the Xavier uniform.

J.P. could have gone to any number of other schools and been the star of the show, putting up a gillion shots. Instead, he chose Xavier and chose to be part of great TEAMS.

He is sui generis on the basketball floor, not to mention the master of the social media troll. A guy who gets into opponents’ heads like a demon spirit, gets under their skin like an incurable rash.

In March of 2017. J.P. showed his mettle during his finest hour. Decimated by injuries and on the brink of not making the tournament, he elevated his game and elevated his team - a true team player.

Although he is absolutely still J.P. “You miss 100% of the shots you do not take” Macura, he evolved over his career into one of the best all-around players to ever suit up for Xavier. Simply, a Legend.

Out of the mists of Glen Ellyn comes a man, a mountain of a man, a man of many names – The Quiet Man, Irish, Big Irish, Big Sean, Sean O’Marruh…….or simply Mr. Sean O’Mara. A paragon of the four year player who improved every year, the backbone of the Xavier program, true heir to Jason Love and James Farr.

When his team was desperate last March for a win in Madison Square Garden, Sean put them on his back on the path to victory. Then in San Jose the shot of a lifetime - the High-Low Bluiett to O’Mara for the biggest win in Xavier history (yet). Now as a senior, locked in and loaded for bear, punishing frontcourts, playing the best basketball of his life, going out as a champion, going out as a Legend.

What more can a person say about Trevon Bluiett? After switching from UCLA to Xavier (best decision ever), he arrived with a nice jump shot and a little soft on the edges. All he did from there was work at getting better and better to become the best scorer in a Xavier uniform most of us have ever seen.

Over four years, an endless stream of huge shots and huge games. We are witness to greatness. Tre2K whose number will hang in the Cintas Center one day. Yeah, Trevor Bullet, that kid’s good…Legend good.

Now this season, the type of season we have long dreamed about. A season of firsts – highest ranking ever, a Big East championship, the first #1 seed in program history, maybe another first in March, maybe another first in April.

Bluiett, Macura & O’Mara depart as the most accomplished players in Xavier history - highest rankings ever, highest seeds ever, four NCAA Tournaments appearances, a Sweet Sixteen, an Elite Eight and more to come. They live forever in lore as the ones who took us from hopes of one day making it to champions of the Big East conference. These three are the first Xavier players to play their entire career in the Big East. Little did we know four years ago, that Bluiett & Macura would leave as the all-time highest scoring duo in Xavier history.

Legends of March - they wrote the script of March 2017. Literally from the ashes, from the depths of despair, through the most improbable of runs, to the Best Win In Xavier History (yet). Now comes one more chance to write history in March.

Farewell and thank you for four incredible years.

ALL HAIL SENIOR J.P. MACURA!

ALL HAIL SENIOR SEAN O’MARA!

ALL HAIL SENIOR TREVON BLUIETT!
    Public Reps, the man is holding me down.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17