Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bpo View Post
    I agree - its been wildly more amusing to read than I initially thought. They bounce between their standard bears of X being a dirty program, their scheduling, Mick, and their lack of a consistent PG play, back to X being class-less.

Talk about a lost fan base...
    when you lose 8 of 11, you have to make excuses to cover up for your inability to get it done on the floor.......pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    The funny thing is, JP is in complete control. He antagonizes because other players(and apparently coaches) are soft and let it get to their head. JP doesn't cross the line. He gets a reaction and walks away with a smirk on his face. When Cronin came back towards JP on Saturday, he just kept walking and laughing at the situation. If we are discussing on court chirping and a marijuana possession as our program's problems, then we are doing great.
    JP knew he could get in Micks head, saw an opportunity, and got in his head so bad he caused him to get T’d up. That speaks volumes about Mick, not that it’s anythinf new.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    The funny thing is, JP is in complete control. He antagonizes because other players(and apparently coaches) are soft and let it get to their head. JP doesn't cross the line. He gets a reaction and walks away with a smirk on his face. When Cronin came back towards JP on Saturday, he just kept walking and laughing at the situation. If we are discussing on court chirping and a marijuana possession as our program's problems, then we are doing great.
    Public Reps. The man holding me down.

JP is awesome. He made Cronin look like a fool. And the first person to lay a hand on JP because JP is in their heads......JP would laugh at them right in their face and we would all rack up another huge win for Jonathan Paul Macura. He is seriously one of a kind.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    JP knew he could get in Micks head, saw an opportunity, and got in his head so bad he caused him to get T’d up. That speaks volumes about Mick, not that it’s anythinf new.
    I spoke with someone who has seats very close to UC's bench. He told me that (1) the YTG was going nuts from about the 2-minute mark because of his team's play, (2) his T likely had nothing to do with JP, but was rather a culmination of his running hissy fit about the officials, and (3) the T's on JP happened after YTG was T'd up, and involved JP and a bench sitting player who yelled something at JP who responded to the bench player (not YTG) to "Fuck off". YTG either thought it was directed at him (probably because everyone who runs into him probably tells him the same thing) or deliberately misrepresented the interaction in his lame post-game remarks.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I spoke with someone who has seats very close to UC's bench. He told me that (1) the YTG was going nuts from about the 2-minute mark because of his team's play, (2) his T likely had nothing to do with JP, but was rather a culmination of his running hissy fit about the officials, and (3) the T's on JP happened after YTG was T'd up, and involved JP and a bench sitting player who yelled something at JP who responded to the bench player (not YTG) to "Fuck off". YTG either thought it was directed at him (probably because everyone who runs into him probably tells him the same thing) or deliberately misrepresented the interaction in his lame post-game remarks.
    I was sitting right there as well. The T was directly because of JP. Mick had complained to the refs about him multiple times throughout the 1st half. The two possessions prior to the T you can see JP saying something to Mick. The possession directly before the T Xavier hits a 3 and JP puts the ball on the floor and turns directly to Mick, and says something. We saw it, and its pretty publicized what it was.

The next possession, after the block and before he gets Td you can see him go to the ref and say "he told me to f off." The ref tells him enough and he goes nuts saying something like "its all effing game" and gets the technical. Also if you go back and read his lips after the T, hes talking directly about JP. I can read "he comes over after every time out" and " "he said F you." It was directly a result of JP getting in his head.
    Last edited by MuskieXU; 12-06-2017 at 10:07 AM.

I'm curious. When a penalty is called in football, there's always an official explanation:
    Example: "Unsportsman like conduct, number 72 defense, taunting. 15 yards....etc."

Why is there no official explanation as to why Mick got T'd up?
    Mack says he knows because the official told him what it was.
    But why the big mystery? Why isn't the official's call and reasoning available to the public?
    Last edited by paulxu; 12-06-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm curious. When a penalty is called in football, there's always an official explanation:
    Example: "Unsportsman like conduct, number 72 defense, taunting. 15 yards....etc."

Why is there no official explanation as to why Mick got T'd up?
    Mack says he knows because the official told him what it was.
    But why the big mystery? Why isn't the official's call and reasoning available to the public?
    Because refs are never called upon to explain anything in College Basketball... Unless they volunteer to because it was such an agregious error. This was not.

And, once again. These were NCAA Tournament caliber officials. Roger Ayers, who called the technical on YTG, is rated the best of ALL college officials by KenPom. Doug Shows has reffed National Championship Games. Lamar Simpson is a veteran and highly thought of.

To that point. Good officiating crews try to correct a mistake that they make in the flow of the game. Remember when the ball went off a SucKs player's elbow after a crappy BoreCat pass? It was clear that they made a mistake. As soon as a Clifton Community College player missed a shot, Ayers called a foul under the basket. It very well could have gone against JP, but to make the clear mistake up, Ayers called it on the Convict player. Right then YTG's coat came off and he was really off the hook. This even though he had gotten a gift call before. Because his team didn't take advantage of it wasn't Xavier's fault.

I don't know if Xavier controlled the selection of the officials in this game, but NO ONE can complain that they didn't try to get the best.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 12-06-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Because refs are never called upon to explain anything in College Basketball... Unless they volunteer to because it was such an agregious error. This was not.
    But that's just the thing. When they call a regular foul, they're all very demonstrative with it.
    They blow the whistle...run toward the scoring table..grab their arm for a hold, push their hands for a push off, put their hand behind their head for a charge, etc. They clearly signal the table with the offending player's number.

We get all that but no explanation for a T? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: It also doesn't make sense to me for Cronin to get T'd for saying the ref: "hey ref, that player just told me to fuck off."
    Can't imagine that's worth a T. Maybe the ref (after about the third time) thought Mick told him (the ref) to fuck off.
    Last edited by paulxu; 12-06-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    But that's just the thing. When they call a regular foul, they're all very demonstrative with it.
    They blow the whistle...run toward the scoring table..grab their arm for a hold, push their hands for a push off, put their hand behind their head for a charge, etc. They clearly signal the table with the offending player's number.

We get all that but no explanation for a T? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: It also doesn't make sense to me for Cronin to get T'd for saying the ref: "hey ref, that player just told me to fuck off."
    Can't imagine that's worth a T. Maybe the ref (after about the third time) thought Mick told him (the ref) to fuck off.
    I feel like the usually tell the announcers and we get an explanation from them, but it didn't seem to be the case Saturday for this instance. I feel like 90% of technicals are explained from the announcers on the TV, so either they didn't bother to tell them, or the announcers found it unimportant?? Who knows, anyways, we'll let Cronin think whatever he thinks, and let him sit there and think about his record against X. Who cares, we beat the daylights out of them, and they have a midget temper-tantrum infused child of a head coach.