Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FYI...one of the recruits at the game on Saturday was Dartmouth transfer Evan Boudreaux who is looking at X, Colorado, Purdue, etc. Gotta think the whole atmosphere on Saturday created a positive lasting impression on this kid.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    FYI...one of the recruits at the game on Saturday was Dartmouth transfer Evan Boudreaux who is looking at X, Colorado, Purdue, etc. Gotta think the whole atmosphere on Saturday created a positive lasting impression on this kid.
    Boudreaux will have two years of eligibility and will be able to play right away as a graduate transfer. He would be a huge get for the team next year. He could either start at the 4 or be the first guy off the bench if X goes small and starts Gates at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    This had to fire up a lot of recruits! If it didn’t fire them up, I have to wonder about those kids.
    "Gentlemen, if this game doesn't fire you up, the pilot light must be out."

Anyone have any more info/ names of those X prospects who were at the game?

Also... Thanks Lamont and Steve for posting about Boudreaux.

He looks fearless.... a good finisher inside with a nice touch from outside. Indeed looks to be a nice pick up, if X can get him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQ1srJY-y8

That said... Still would love to see X find another 6'9"+ athletic big who is a good rebounder, defender and scorer in the paint. Maybe Walter will develop nicely, but adding an athletic 4/5 transfer for next season who's played a little college ball already would be a very nice addition to see.

The other day I was worried about how some unfortunate incidents are damaging Xavier’s reputation, as well as the player’s reputation, and the effect it may have in recruiting and in scheduling games with top programs. I am not trying to judge who was at fault here. I am taking the events at face value although I believe both, Macura and Cronin, were out of order. Cronin much more so for being a coach and for what he did.

As fans, we tend to give these great explanations to excuse some of our players’ behavior. However, the truth is that during the past recent years we have had some issues. It comes to my mind Dez Wells, Eddie Ekiyor, Trevon’s marihuana charges and Macura’s pants/fake id/intoxication and on the court behavior. And let me say this, I know some of those incidents have decent explanations. However, more often than not, the truth is not as important as the impressions left behind.

I don’t know anything about the recruiting process but if I am the coach of another program competing with Xavier for a recruit, I am going to let the recruit, his coach and the recruit’s parents know of those issues. No one can really tell the effect it may have because a recruit’s decision can be based on so many things and what is important to one is not to other. But one thing is certain for me, it is becoming harder and harder for CM to sell Xavier in the recruiting trail as a program with good players inside and outside of the basketball court. We don’t want to admit it, but we compete with a bunch of programs as good as, or better than, ours. I’m sure some (but not all) of those programs have similar issues or worst issues but if that is going to be our excuse/explanation, then we are not striving for excellence.

One more thing, for JP’s sake, someone needs to tell him that he needs to clean his act. I love how JP plays basketball to the point that I believe he can be an NBA player. If not in the NBA, without a doubt, he will be playing professional basketball somewhere. I don’t think these events are helping his stock as they tend to portray him as a problematic.
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.

Sophomore
    All the players are still graduating. On top of that, we have doled out punishment in each of the instances that have been deserving of it. If Trevon and JP had their incidents in season they would've been punished as well.

I would not be concerned.
    Last edited by scoscox; 12-05-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Sophomore
    PS reading the UC boards after this shootout has been comical. I think they may have lost their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHTING MUSKETEER View Post
    The other day I was worried about how some unfortunate incidents are damaging Xavier’s reputation, as well as the player’s reputation, and the effect it may have in recruiting and in scheduling games with top programs. I am not trying to judge who was at fault here. I am taking the events at face value although I believe both, Macura and Cronin, were out of order. Cronin much more so for being a coach and for what he did.

As fans, we tend to give these great explanations to excuse some of our players’ behavior. However, the truth is that during the past recent years we have had some issues. It comes to my mind Dez Wells, Eddie Ekiyor, Trevon’s marihuana charges and Macura’s pants/fake id/intoxication and on the court behavior. And let me say this, I know some of those incidents have decent explanations. However, more often than not, the truth is not as important as the impressions left behind.

I don’t know anything about the recruiting process but if I am the coach of another program competing with Xavier for a recruit, I am going to let the recruit, his coach and the recruit’s parents know of those issues. No one can really tell the effect it may have because a recruit’s decision can be based on so many things and what is important to one is not to other. But one thing is certain for me, it is becoming harder and harder for CM to sell Xavier in the recruiting trail as a program with good players inside and outside of the basketball court. We don’t want to admit it, but we compete with a bunch of programs as good as, or better than, ours. I’m sure some (but not all) of those programs have similar issues or worst issues but if that is going to be our excuse/explanation, then we are not striving for excellence.

One more thing, for JP’s sake, someone needs to tell him that he needs to clean his act. I love how JP plays basketball to the point that I believe he can be an NBA player. If not in the NBA, without a doubt, he will be playing professional basketball somewhere. I don’t think these events are helping his stock as they tend to portray him as a problematic.
    The funny thing is, JP is in complete control. He antagonizes because other players(and apparently coaches) are soft and let it get to their head. JP doesn't cross the line. He gets a reaction and walks away with a smirk on his face. When Cronin came back towards JP on Saturday, he just kept walking and laughing at the situation. If we are discussing on court chirping and a marijuana possession as our program's problems, then we are doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    PS reading the UC boards after this shootout has been comical. I think they may have lost their minds.
    I agree - its been wildly more amusing to read than I initially thought. They bounce between their standard bears of X being a dirty program, their scheduling, Mick, and their lack of a consistent PG play, back to X being class-less.

Talk about a lost fan base...
    Helping X keep it classy since '96