Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up The Shootout & Recruiting

Let's hope so:

IT'S ALL ABOUT RECRUITING, and don't you ever forget it. The Musketeers were said to have hosted as many as 15 recruits for the Crosstown Shootout. Dozens of additional prospects would have watched Xavier's throttling of No. 11 UC on national TV. And whether they were in Cintas Center or watching on the couch at home, what a show of Xavier force they witnessed. Raucous crowd. Big stage. Lively student section. Those fresh new uniforms. Revamped arena. Saturday checked all the boxes for Xavier as far as putting on a show for future Muskies, and you better that'll believe pay dividends down the line.

That's a postmortem piece from the Enquirer.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Let's hope so:

IT'S ALL ABOUT RECRUITING, and don't you ever forget it. The Musketeers were said to have hosted as many as 15 recruits for the Crosstown Shootout. Dozens of additional prospects would have watched Xavier's throttling of No. 11 UC on national TV. And whether they were in Cintas Center or watching on the couch at home, what a show of Xavier force they witnessed. Raucous crowd. Big stage. Lively student section. Those fresh new uniforms. Revamped arena. Saturday checked all the boxes for Xavier as far as putting on a show for future Muskies, and you better that'll believe pay dividends down the line.

That's a postmortem piece from the Enquirer.
    We need to get back on track that's for sure. It was rough summer recruiting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    We need to get back on track that's for sure. It was rough summer recruiting for sure.
    That’s glass half empty stuff. Our class this year is so freakin good some guys worried about minutes. I’m going with that and my trust in Mack! We will overcome some disappointments.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    That’s glass half empty stuff. Our class this year is so freakin good some guys worried about minutes. I’m going with that and my trust in Mack! We will overcome some disappointments.
    All 15 Top 100 kids who chose a different school? Not buying it. I can see a couple kids, but not all of them. We offered plenty of big men too, and we're in great need of bigs next year unless you think Tyrique is going to play 40 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    All 15 Top 100 kids who chose a different school? Not buying it. I can see a couple kids, but not all of them. We offered plenty of big men too, and we're in great need of bigs next year unless you think Tyrique is going to play 40 minutes a game.
    So what is your explanation? We suck all of a sudden? Please enlighten us.

It’s a mix of things, and some are just unlucky.

My reason for creating this thread was focused on the sheer number of recruits that were at the game, as well as the good point made about the number of prospective recruits probably watching it.

Beyond that, the game, it's outcome, the Cintas Center and our Fanbase and everything else that goes into that package has absolutely got to show well to prospective recruits.

I understand the level of concern about this year's recruiting outcome. You're certainly free to post about it here. But I do like the points being made in that write-up.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My reason for creating this thread was focused on the sheer number of recruits that were at the game, as well as the good point made about the number of prospective recruits probably watching it.

Beyond that, the game, it's outcome, the Cintas Center and our Fanbase and everything else that goes into that package has absolutely got to show well to prospective recruits.

I understand the level of concern about this year's recruiting outcome. You're certainly free to post about it here. But I do like the points being made in that write-up.
    This had to fire up a lot of recruits! If it didn’t fire them up, I have to wonder about those kids.

Walk-On
    To tie this into the postgame comments from Mack, my first thoughts about his comments were that recruits would love a coach like that - one who backs his player publicly. I'd assume he said something to Macura privately, but in my opinion, saying what he did after the game could be positive in how recruits perceive Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by XUhockey99 View Post
    To tie this into the postgame comments from Mack, my first thoughts about his comments were that recruits would love a coach like that - one who backs his player publicly. I'd assume he said something to Macura privately, but in my opinion, saying what he did after the game could be positive in how recruits perceive Mack.
    Couldn’t agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by XUhockey99 View Post
    Tu tweeted about how Mack had JP's back. I assume Tu's tweet is very similar to what recruits think, which brings me to my original point that I think you're right.