Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    And now Lance Stephenson has claimed that he never dropped N bombs at Mack. If I have to pick one to believe, Chris gets my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL...I can only imagine what comes out of the mouth of Lance Stephenson.
    Last edited by drudy23; 12-04-2017 at 08:36 AM.

I challenge anyone to find me anywhere in the televised replay of the game a situation where JP was mouthing off to Cronin. Especially the point where they T'd Mick up. JP was on the ground under the basket. I watched the last 8 minutes of the game as well, VERY CLOSELY and saw nothing that would have upset Cronin to make him charge at JP. Either JP is a ventriloquist and Cronin has bionic ears or he's simply just making this stuff up. Please someone prove me wrong.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    And now Lance Stephenson has claimed that he never dropped N bombs at Mack. If I have to pick one to believe, Chris gets my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The local fishwrap's alleged Xavier beat-writer really pissed me off today by saying that Stephenson's denial of Mack's claims raised "red flags" for him. He finished his piece by saying he wanted to get to the bottom of the story to see who was telling the truth. Here is the direct quote:

"Red flags fluttered for me when Chris Mack alleged that former Bearcat Lance Stephenson said a racial slur at Mack. Stephenson has since disputed he called Mack the "n-word" in the 2009-10 edition of the Shootout, according to the Indy Star.

I'm sad for everyone involved in this aspect of Saturday's fallout, and about all the relevant aspects of it. I'm hopeful those involved will quickly seek to resolve the years-old matter. Like the big fight of years ago, none of this has any place in the Shootout, or sport anywhere for that matter."

What crap.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    The local fishwrap's alleged Xavier beat-writer really pissed me off today by saying that Stephenson's denial of Mack's claims raised "red flags" for him. He finished his piece by saying he wanted to get to the bottom of the story to see who was telling the truth. Here is the direct quote:

"Red flags fluttered for me when Chris Mack alleged that former Bearcat Lance Stephenson said a racial slur at Mack. Stephenson has since disputed he called Mack the "n-word" in the 2009-10 edition of the Shootout, according to the Indy Star.

I'm sad for everyone involved in this aspect of Saturday's fallout, and about all the relevant aspects of it. I'm hopeful those involved will quickly seek to resolve the years-old matter. Like the big fight of years ago, none of this has any place in the Shootout, or sport anywhere for that matter."

What crap.
    Yep. You knew someone was going to contact Stephenson for a comment. What did you expect him to say? "I remember it well. I absolutely called Mack a N***** three times and told him to F*** off." Give me a break!
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

A few things. JP did tell Mick to F Off. Mick was complaining to the refs about Macura talking the entire first half, and eventually Mick said something to JP and JP told him to F off.

As for Mick saying Macura wouldn’t play for him. Mick has had so many opportunities throughout his career to take a stance and has failed every single time. He recruited Lance who was convicted of sexual assault when no other program in the country would take him. A year later, Yancy sucker punched Frease and Mbodj stomped him when he was down and they were suspended 6 games, only one of which was meaningful. And then Ellis was kicked off the team for punching a bouncer until Mick realized he needed him and he was let back on. Mick has proven time and time again he puts winning above morals so that statement is absolutely outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post

What crap.
    Agree that's its gotten pretty ridiculous. But what did you expect Mack to do after Cronin did what he did and then made comments in his press conference prior to Mack going on? I like the fact that Mack called bullshit.

If these guys are "friends", wouldn't the logical way to handle this would be after the game via a phone call?

You see when Mick charged at JP, he was already way too far in and had to "explain" why he did what he did.

I'm sorry, but if this is Mack and the situation is reversed, I'm embarrassed and ashamed for my coach. Completely unprofessional on Cronins part. And all of this b/c he claims he got told to "f" off? Please, this is almost funny it is so damn lame on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    A few things. JP did tell Mick to F Off. Mick was complaining to the refs about Macura talking the entire first half, and eventually Mick said something to JP and JP told him to F off.

As for Mick saying Macura wouldn’t play for him. Mick has had so many opportunities throughout his career to take a stance and has failed every single time. He recruited Lance who was convicted of sexual assault when no other program in the country would take him. A year later, Yancy sucker punched Frease and Mbodj stomped him when he was down and they were suspended 6 games, only one of which was meaningful. And then Ellis was kicked off the team for punching a bouncer until Mick realized he needed him and he was let back on. Mick has proven time and time again he puts winning above morals so that statement is absolutely outrageous.
    where and when did this happen in the game? Honestly, I really want to know.

It happened maybe the possession or two before Mick got T’d up. I was sitting behind UCs bench and we all saw it but they didn’t catch it on tv. But if you watch the replay of Mick getting T’d up that’s exactly what he’s complaining about and it did happen.

It probably would have been better if Mack had just said "in 2009 a UC player cursed at me numerous times during the game. Did I charge after him in the handshake line? No, I did what any good coach would do...I shook his hand."

Would have kept Stephenson out of the conversation and would have slammed Mick for being a bad coach.

That said, Mick's turning back to charge our players, being restrained by a ref and assistant coach, speaks for itself.
    And it speaks about a coach that has no control...and no class.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

My last thought on this issue (I hope). Why do these things always seems to happen when XU wins? The fight happened in an XU win. Both handshake issues happened after an XU win. Cronin walked off the court two years ago without shaking hands with anyone other than Mack. Can't UC/Cronin just lose gracefully?

The answer I'm afraid is "No".