Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Baylor Bears V. Xavier Musketeers (11/28/2017)

VS

#16 Baylor Bears (5-0) v #21 Xavier University Musketeers (5-1)
    Tuesday November 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm ET
    Cintas Center (10,224), Cincinnati, Ohio

Notes

Live Chat

Television: FOX Sports 1 with Tim Brando (play-by-play), Bill Raftery (analyst)

Radio: 700 WLW-AM (and iHeartRadio), play-by-play from Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis by Byron Larkin (`88).
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Muskie must be on a bender as I couldn't find a game thread.
    Time to bring back Lego Musketeer.

Also, forget how to over-write words (Live Chat and Notes) with the links.
    Maybe some mod could help me out and do that.

Time to go get some !
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

X fans, IMO this game has become far more important in the overall scheme of things due to the ASU loss. The past week has greatly diminished the UW win, as they are currently in the basement of the B10. Will the Badgers even make the tournament? At this point we have beaten no one OOC. Tonight is a must because the Shootout is before the next rankings on Monday and our OOC resume hinges on these next 2. I know a lot of you will say "Who cares about the polls this early", but for me, it is major to stay in the top 25...just to stay in the media conversation.......Go X!!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-28-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    X fans, IMO this game has become far more important in the overall scheme of things due to the ASU loss. The past week has greatly diminished the UW win, as they are currently in the basement of the B10. Will the Badgers even make the tournament? At this point we have beaten no one OOC. Tonight is a must because the Shootout is before the next rankings on Monday and our OOC resume hinges on these next 2. I know a lot of you will say "Who cares about the polls this early", but for me, it is major to stay in the top 25...just to stay in the media conversation.......Go X!!!
    I think being in the Top 25 is important for branding, and keeping recruits interested but that's about it. It's not like we're a small school that isn't well known anymore, when I wear my X gear, people comment on it, and reference our basketball program. We don't have the type of marketability as say a Duke, but we are well known in people who follow college basketball. Continuing a program of excellence means staying in the Top 25, staying competitive, and making noise in March, so I agree, these next two games are very important in terms of what type of recruits we can attract to X. We all want to take the next step and become a Final 4 contender year in and year out, so even though it's November, it's nice to win these games. I'm just hoping we win, but if we don't, it'll be okay, we're gonna mesh into a scary team come March, regardless of November results.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    growing tired of the win or else posts......have we not been through the ups and downs of a college basketball season before? If we don't win tonight, i will be bummed out but also know there is a TON of basketball to be played and we have a very special team.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    growing tired of the win or else posts......have we not been through the ups and downs of a college basketball season before? If we don't win tonight, i will be bummed out but also know there is a TON of basketball to be played and we have a very special team.
    Yep.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Yep.
    Yep, it's time to panic???
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Yep, it's time to panic???
    Not quite yet! I admit I was near panic mode when we were the last game announced in the bracket show last season. That seems like better timing for me.

Freshman
    Going into a tough crosstown shootout with 2 consecutive losses sounds awful. This is definitely a big game.

Where's the LiveChat link??