Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    X still #4 in the AP poll. UC dropped to #11.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Agree - although I think you can make the argument Purdue's chances are pretty low after losing to Wisconsin. They also look decidedly mediocre at the moment.
    Yeah Penn State pulling out a win last night would have been big.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post
    MSU and Virginia will be neck-and-neck for top 2. Nova should stay a safe 3rd. 4th will be a toss up between Xavier, Gonzaga, and Duke. Pretty sure those will be the top 6.
    Damn, nailed it! Tech tied with zags at 6.

Honestly surprised we're still 4.

Freshman
    AP voters are getting better, less predictable. There was a time when knee-jerk reactions to a loss would be the only thing that mattered. Now it seems they are doing more "body-of-work" comparisons. I think #4 is still correct for us. I don't see a better resume.

Of course, part of what helped was that everyone else lost as well. Cinci lost twice, Purdue split (And was lucky at that), Tech Split (With a win over plummeting OU), OSU dropped 2...etc.

So what happens Monday? Does X jump Nova? Or if rest of top 5 wins, does everything just stay the same?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    So what happens Monday? Does X jump Nova? Or if rest of top 5 wins, does everything just stay the same?
    I expect Nova to fall a couple spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I expect Nova to fall a couple spots.
    Just feels weird to put an X team ahead of a Nova team with an identical record because of what Nova did to X this year...

I think we jump em. Not that it matters that much. If we both take care of business, we'll have a third matchup with the second #1 seed likely at stake. Possibly #1 overall if Virginia stumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Just feels weird to put an X team ahead of a Nova team with an identical record because of what Nova did to X this year...
    Is this one of those situations where Villanova is a bad matchup for X but X might be the better team?

I don't think this but I'm playing devils advocate.