Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Even more frustrating that this team lost on Saturday now...could have very easily been 1 vs 2 on Wednesday.

One thing is for sure... this will be interesting rankings that will be hard to predict. Virginia and West Virginia are heading to the top 5
    Screaming at the tv with my dad since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Xupergirl View Post
    One thing is for sure... this will be interesting rankings that will be hard to predict. Virginia and West Virginia are heading to the top 5
    Yep. I bet Michigan State and Duke only drop to 2 and 3, but WVU beating a ranked team (even at home) is enticing and might give them a boost. Arizona State suffered a borderline bad loss, but they've also been a media darling and the game went into OT, so they'll be hard to predict. It wouldn't surprise me if they stayed ahead of X. If I were to vote, I would do the following:

1. Villanova
    2. Michigan State
    3. Virginia
    4. West Virginia
    5. Xavier
    6. Duke
    7. Arizona State
    8. Purdue
    9. Texas Tech
    10. Kansas

Michigan State is really hard to judge because of their lack of road games and an abysmal slate of games from December 9 to 31. I feel like they're worthy of #2, but we'll learn soon enough. If people think X's defense is an issue, it's a work-in-progress while Duke and Arizona State's defenses are simply bad. For the last two spots, I considered UNC, Wichita State, Oklahoma, and (gasp!) Cincinnati. They all are worthy of being ranked, but they still didn't really impress me and neither did Kansas or Texas Tech. In general, looking through all these teams really makes clear how flawed most of them are.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kansas lost at home this week. They're falling.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Kansas lost at home this week. They're falling.
    And they also won at TCU. I'm not predicting the rankings with that top 10, because the way the aggregate rankings work is stupid. For example, Oklahoma should not be noticeably penalized for losing at WVU, but I think they were slightly overranked at #7 in the first place. Kansas will probably fall because they dared to lose to a really good team, albeit at home, but that makes them no different from a lot of these teams. They are probably the 9th or 10th best team, unless a couple of those I included below them prove worthy of passing them or Kansas falls off.

I'll take the over on Kansas as a top ten team. Not impressed.

Seth Davis' AP ballot

I'm surprisingly okay with this. It probably drops Duke too much, but it's always nice see a team that always gets the benefit of the doubt not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'll take the over on Kansas as a top ten team. Not impressed.
    Like I said before, I'm not that impressed with anyone outside the top 8. But again, I'm not betting on a poll putting them in the top 10. I'm saying that I would put them at #10, but with a lot of trepidation, as I think they're in the same category as five other rather unimpressive teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlbert View Post
    Seth Davis' AP ballot

I'm surprisingly okay with this. It probably drops Duke too much, but it's always nice see a team that always gets the benefit of the doubt not get it.
    I think Oklahoma is way too high. They're probably getting a boost from him because of Trae Young. They're good but not that good. The Duke ranking does seem a bit low (my initial instinct is #6), but they and ASU are hard to rank. Excellent offenses, terrible defenses. I put Duke at #6 but considered dropping them further to maybe #10. I just have some faith in that elite offense. I don't think they and ASU are top 5 teams, though.

I buy Oklahoma that high, but Seton Hall?!?